OhMyGreatness

Wow....Just one word WOW

Last nights meal was fan-tab-ulous. I just made that word up ...that's b/c it was so delish.

Granted I might have made more work for myself since I double every recipe I make....but I was smart and did all the prep during the day.

I'll start with the bread portion of the meal....(pats thighs) This was my first time to make Focaccia Bread and I think I just found my favorite bread to bake.....

IMG_0902

it tasted out of this world. I tried the food processor way and I've got mixed feelings about it....only b/c when I make bread I like to use my hands...makes me feel all Laura Ingalls like....(grins) But have to admit (don't tell) I will probably make it again this method in the future....less work for momma

8 The food processor made my life a little bit easier yesterday. I ended up making 3 kinds of focaccia....

7

I doubled the recipe and pressed my dough into 2 8" rounds and 1 9x13 pans. I followed the recipe to a T

6

the smell of the bread made my mouth water....I knew if I sampled before the meal there may not have been any left. Bread is my weakness....(pats thighs again)

5

Sorry there are not any 'real' pictures of the main course....I was busy cooking...serving....and toting small babes around. When you have a houseful (9) of hungry people ...stopping to take pictures is not an option.....

I can't say enough about the sauce....It was tangy....and sweet...with just the right amount of basil to it....I may or may not have stolen some to freeze for a rainy day....and I may or may not have grabbed an extra meatball and sauce for today's lunch....and I may or may not have mopped my sauce up on my plate with my bread. I think I even saw my FIL break up a few pieces and pour the sauce on it. Please try this recipe out...You will not be disappointed.

IMG_0905

The meatballs turned out moist and perfect too. Even Dude Friend ate a whole meatball....I couldn't keep him away. Yes, the 9 month old inhaled the meat. He's my little garbage disposal...he'll eat anything right now...I sure hope he keeps this up...

I followed all of the recipes and didn't change anything....and I won't when we make these again.....I found the flavors perfect the way it was...

For reference ...the recipe says it makes 8 giant meatballs...I would compare them to baseballs...nice portion. Simmering them in the sauce to finish cooking is what made these little babies into the definition of perfect...

IMG_0904

After doing 3 loads of dishes and hand washing more pots than I care to imagine....(all for just that meal)....I think I'll put my feet up today and read books with the babies....


Comments

LeAnna said…
Okay, this sounds REALLY good but none of your pictures are working for me. However, I know you wouldn't steer us wrong and it undoubtedly is absolutely fantabulous.
Miss Chelsea said…
um this sounds AMAZING
Dianna said…
Looks delicious but sounds like too much work for me! Especially when you talked about all of the dishes you did!
mountain mama said…
so like...if we ever drive thru texas we ARE stopping at your house for dinner! :)
Dana said…
That looks delicious!!! Not sure I will have the time in the near future to make this but maybe I can give it go someday!
Jumping Jack said…
YUM! I'll have to save this one for a weekend!
Carey said…
Oh i am a bread freak!! That looks delish! DELISH!! I see me breaking out my food processor very soon!!!
Thanks girl!!

Popular Posts