H, L, J, and P

Hope Love Joy Peace

It's Advent season ...which means break out our wreaths for a little family devotion time.

Sundays are a little crazy around the house....so the traditional day gets moved to Monday for our gang. For the past....6 yrs we have had our 'special snack' and prayers with the lighting of our candles. The kids really look forward to it now that they are getting older. It was hard at first to get the little rugrats to sit in their seats....(Points to Lily) ....now it's a time of coming together and the older kids love to hear and be retold the stories each week.

(or fights over who gets to light the candle(s) each week)

3 purple candles, 1 pink and 1 white

Today is Purple....The Prophecy Candle....symbolizing Hope in remembrance of the prophets ...mainly Isaiah, who foretold the birth. Hope in anticipation of the coming Messiah.

I usually have some special 'treat' and 'drink'...but I was lame and forgot the ingredients when I went shopping for the weekly groceries. Soooooo I'm gonna run to the corner donut shop and grab some special 'sprinkle' ones and make hot chocolate. (I am so not impressed) I blame it on Thanksgiving and Gray's surgery for throwing me off my 'I totally fake that I've totally got it together' and now I just look fake (grins)

What traditions do you hold with your family during this season?

Wanted to add a new addition each week to my posts.....New blogs that I adore reading....

You know you stalk...I mean we all do....and then you find a blog where you PRETEND THAT SHE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND AND WANT TO COPY EVERYTHING SHE DOES BECAUSE SHE IS OHHH SO COOL? enjoy reading it...?

Well I thought I would share a blog or 2 that I find and enjoy reading.....

first up....Rebecca...another mom to 5 kids....over at olderandwisor. I have major giggles reading her stuff......

*****

side note....thanks for all the prayers....Grayson is healing beautifully. I have totally enjoyed waiting on him hand and knee...haha get it...aww never mind.... I mean hand and foot. I thought it would get old...but nah. How often do you get to baby your first baby when he's a teen?

He'll be on crutches for another week...and stitches come out Thursday. I thought I would keep him home from school a few days to heal some more before being throw around in the halls or sitting all day in a cramped desk. Thanks again for thinking of us....

Comments

WHAT? ME????

You're so silly.

P.S I don't know where you are in DFW, but maybe we're neighbors? MAYBE YOU LIVE ON MY STREET AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

Then you can come over, we're lock all 10 kids up together, and wrap 'til our hearts content.

It's a date.
LeAnna said…
So glad to hear G is doing well after his surgery! You're a good Mama, store bought donuts and all. ;)
Ashleigh said…
I think sprinkled donuts are perfectly acceptable! I dont know how you do it! I get overwhelmed with one :-( oh and one of our traditions is to adopt an angel who is Leighton's age each year and let her "pick" out the clothes (she is a little young but will get into it)- it's special!
Ashleigh said…
I think sprinkled donuts are perfectly acceptable! I dont know how you do it! I get overwhelmed with one :-( oh and one of our traditions is to adopt an angel who is Leighton's age each year and let her "pick" out the clothes (she is a little young but will get into it)- it's special!
likeschocolate said…
We celebrate Advant because my husband is German. Never heard of the purple candles before. We sing a little song when we light the candles in German. Happy Advent!
carissa said…
i'm glad you've enjoyed lovin on your big boy. i know he must love having a sweet mama like you.

we do the advent at our church every sunday. i think next year when Sage is a year older, we will start this at home, too. love the tradition of it!
I love the idea of this advent tradition. I'm sure the kids won't have a second thought about the doughnuts (even though I'm sure they'll be delicious anyway); they'll remember the time you are spending together!
Shannon said…
So excited about the Advent calendar and activities at our home too! Sorry to hear about G, I've been totally out of the loop. Hoping I can make time to visit some of my favorite peeps (And yes, I did just say peeps, holla! Teehehe!) I'm glad he's doing better! Hope to talk to you (and catch up)very soon! XO

Popular Posts