Work With Me Peeps....

1

Getting 5 kids to take a photo is harder than I imagined. You would think the big kids would be easy (because you can threaten them) but no.

IMG_0924

I seriously set myself up though for failure. In my head it was simple....I had the location...all they had to do was walk. Walk...that was it. Oh...and not look like I broke their favorite toy. I was sweating before it was said and done.

IMG_0918

I took 198 photos the weekend before oldest child's surgery. How many turned out? 2....and those 2 don't even show their faces.

IMG_0974

Who wants a Christmas card where the kids faces aren't even showing...

It's like..."WOW...thanks for a photo of your kids backside"

IMG_0927

Well here's the deal Lucille...you wanna see their faces then come and see them in person....nothing says lovin like the real thang baby....(bitter much)

Notice Lily's boots....she refused to wear the brown fuzzy ones...it had to be her Pink Hello Kitty....I didn't need anymore meltdowns so I sucked it up. Child #2 pouted the whole time b/c heaven forbid taking pictures with your siblings was beneath him.

I seriously don't know what the children are doing in half the photos...I just know I was screaming to make them all conform (never a good thing...it just confuses people)

I figured I would turn the photo black and white and you wouldn't notice Lily's boots anyways.....but then again....

IMG_0981

I don't even have one worthy of switching heads from one photo to another....I mean I'm good, but not that good.....too many heads to move.

I did get a cute shot of Mini Me....

5

After I got home and saw this picture I can't believe how much my 1st baby girl is growing up...

Comments

LeAnna said…
I feel your pain, sister. I think kids require someone they don't know taking their picture. At least that has been my experience. However, your real life action shots are still wonderful!!!
Caroline said…
Oh I love these pics! They are so cute. What a beautiful family!
Haha, I think it's so cute!
I had my little one's newborn pictures take and she was either crying, asleep or glued to the dang paci!
Oh my gosh...so much work. I haven't even attempted a Christmas card pic yet. Too scared. I may just draw one. If I can get everyone faced in the general direction of the camera with no one picking their nose, that should be good, huh?!

Merry Christmas, anyway! :)
mountain mama said…
hee hee, that is hilarious!
Ashley said…
These pictures are so fun! Our family has the hardest time doing pictures. My grandparents will either be looking at someone else or saying 'hurry hurry', so the pictures catch them in the middle of talking. It takes a miracle to get my Daddy to actually smile for a picture, and my brother pokes and pinches everyone so they jump around and he looks like the perfect one who will pose. Seriously, the older people are worse than the little kids! :)

Love your new blog design!
likeschocolate said…
Sorry about your photos. I have tried these outdoor shots and they never seem to work. I usually line them up in front of Christmas tree or on couch.
JDub said…
LOL Oh no!! I thought older kids would be easier too!

That picture of Kate is gorgeous! You'll have to do something special with it.
Angie said…
I think we seriously need to tell all these children to STOP growing right now!!!!!

Your mini me is gorgeous.

Popular Posts