Anatomy of a Mom

The boys are always talking about the day they were born...or the day when one of them was brought to the hospital to see the other one. Granted they have no memory of this other than the stories I tell them. One particular story seems to make them giggle and I'm not sure why....

My mom brought Grayson (then 2) to see me after I had Jake. I had some Graham Crackers on my table and I gave them to Grayson. Jake always tells the story that Gray ate his crackers. Well they were actually mine, but still it's cute to hear them talk about it. Now keep in mind Jake is 11 when you read this next part...

I'm in the kitchen while the boys are getting breakfast and getting ready for school.....this is what I overhear.

Gray: "Mom dropped you and that's why you're crazy"

Jake: "No mom fell when she was pregnant w/Kate and that's why Kate is crazy" (for the record I tripped on a step and never fell down the stairs)

Jake: "Besides you started the crazy person thing when mom gave birth to you first"

Gray: "well I ate your crackers"

Jake: "haha yeah you did"

Gray: "Maybe those were Kate's cookies...and it wasn't when we came to see you...but Kate. I think MeeMee had you"

Jake: "WHAT? I CAME FROM MEEMEE? I THOUGHT MOM HAD ME"

Gray: "No...MeeMee HAD you in her arms when I remember eating the crackers" (again for the record....he wouldn't remember he was 2)
"You came from Mom's ...you know...area"

Jake: "That's still gross...why couldn't I just have just 'been' there. Where everyone walks into a room and boom there I was because I have no idea how I can come out where she pees!"

AWWW the joys of being a boy! haha

For those asking for the Two Tone Cheesecake Bars (and I mean totally yummy here)
Here is the recipe

Today I'm baking Coconut Scones.

Food Network Magazine always has a spot in the back for a recipe contest. They give you an ingredient to use and then ppl submit their recipes. One month it was coconut! I'm a sucker for coconut!!!!

4 days!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Shannon said…
Haha, you came from mom's you know..."area"!!!! I almost spit out my water I was laughing so hard! Funny stuff! Scones, yum! Save a few for me!
HAHAHA!!! Funny story and those scones look delicious!!
Caitrin said…
That story is hilarious!
Anonymous said…
Amazing what kids "remember". Your blog is adorable!!
New Mommy!!! said…
That is too funny. I LOVE your stories. They are great, really make you feel liek your there. Your family is a hoot, bet it't total mahem/crazy good at your house all the time.

The scones look fab! You are a regular Betty Crocker/June Cleaver. I am totally make those cheescake bars, look good and easy. I will make them for my co-workers sometime!
New Mommy!!! said…
That is too funny. I LOVE your stories. They are great, really make you feel liek your there. Your family is a hoot, bet it't total mahem/crazy good at your house all the time.

The scones look fab! You are a regular Betty Crocker/June Cleaver. I am totally make those cheescake bars, look good and easy. I will make them for my co-workers sometime!
New Mommy!!! said…
I have to also say, that I am glad they all know where they came from. I will always educate my children too. You seem like a very open easy going family.

I swear I think for way to long, I thought babies came from Storks and then that they came from tummies but they always had to be cut out. I don't think I learned that they came from Yaya's till about 5th grade.

Course that was 1989/1990. Things are a little different now. ha.
jen said…
"area" Now that's a new one.
When do we find out this baby's "area"?
Mandy said…
HAHA your little ones crack me up!
Mandy said…
HAHA your little ones crack me up!
Nice to see they're formulating their own ideas about how they were birthed! :) I'd love to know what my son thinks, but I'm afraid he'd say he didn't know and then ask. I'm totally not prepared for that question!
carissa said…
how adorable! the "you know... area" part is so stinkin' funny! so four more days... yay!
Tara said…
Oh my goodness, Laura ... that story was SOOOO cute!!!!!!!

Popular Posts