She Came Bearing Gifts....




In Laws come over every Wednesday...Last night made the easiest Chicken n Dumplins ever! (Sandra Lee)
Did I also mention inexpensive to make? Walmart had their Rotisserie chicken on sale for $3.98 ...so I bought tons extra and shredded and froze the meat for later meals! Thanks Wallyworld!

I add frozen peas to it....I'm craving them something fierce lately! I also skip the Thyme...smell bothers me right now!
I also triple the batch ..we like lots of dumplings (besides I'm feeding 6)


Yesterday I went to visit my friend who had her baby boy back in August...I brought some Sour Cream Coffee Cake muffins...(eating one as I type w/my coffee) Baby Miles was sooo super precious ...made me get all excited thinking that in a few short months I'll be holding little Reid!


Back to the inlaws....my MIL came bearin gifts! WOOHOO ...not for me, but for baby Reid...

I found this on the counter while I was busy getting dishes ready...



and inside....
Cowboy Bootie Socks (just like she got Lily but Lily's had ballet shoes on the booties)


A precious blue outfit w/matching blanket and hat (so soft it feels like silk)



and another one piece footie outfit with cars on it!

I'm in ♥.....

As for today! I finished making Lily's birthday sign...I'll finish w/the tissue balls and start baking tomorrow! I finished her party favors...post them tomorrow!

Yes I'm still stressing about the outfit. The mail comes about 11am here so of course I'm going to be staring out the window waiting for his truck. I've got my letter all ready to send to her asking when she mailed it (granted I have 3 times now) .......it's almost Saturday! I feel silly that I based the whole theme and colors off of an outfit I don't have! Fingers crossed ladies!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

LeAnna said…
Oh, those chicken and dumplings sound so good! I've been craving them the past few days, might just have to make them tomorrow!
Cute socks for the baby!!! How precious!!

And that outfit better be there today ... or else!
Thanks for posting that recipe! That's on my menu for next week now :) Yumm-o! (As Rachel Ray would say, HA!)
Angie said…
Do you have leftovers of the chicken and dumplings? If so I am on my way over for a late lunch! Mmmmmm! I am going to make that recipe for sure :)

Cute birthday sign!
melifaif said…
And toes, and hair and anything else I can cross!

The recipes - a must do! Thanks. Yummy.
Annie said…
Yummmm...I am going to make that chicken and dumpling recipie for sure!!
carissa said…
what a sweet gift! dinner sounded great.. i love love sandra lee! oh my goodness, lily's party is going to be adorable! i love the birthday sign. good work mama!
JDub said…
Ugh I feel your Etsy pain. I've had similar experiences.

Have you discovered www.babybedding.com yet? You can custom make crib bedding, they have a ton of cute cowboy/cow prints. I don't think the prices are terrible.
Shannon said…
How sweet of your mother in law! Those socks are adorable! And I'm really drooling over this easy recipe for chicken n'dumplings! I absolutely love this dish, especially if it ever gets cooler for Fall! Hope the outfit comes TODAY!!!

Popular Posts