Lily's Stubborn Side and Her Party.....

If most of you were following the blog you knew that I ordered this August 18th
for her 2nd birthday (ok again...My MIL paid for it...I ordered it)
The party was going to be an Assorted Cupcake theme using those colors from her outfit for the party. And if you were following you knew how late the outfit was and the constant emails to the lady asking what was up. She ended up getting it to me on Friday ....

Day of party...Saturday....GUESS WHO REFUSED TO WEAR THE SKIRT? Yep that would be my daughter. After all that...she wouldn't go near it. She ended up wearing a dress from last year w/a cupcake on it. Lovely!!!! haha...serves me right!

Sunday was her actual birthday and she let me put a pink tutu on her...GO FIGURE.

the BAD NEWS...the lady put 3 candles instead of 2 on the cupcake on the shirt ....THE GOOD NEWS. Now she will have the outfit for next year for her 3rd birthday HAHA

Here are some pics of the party....

the food....






Opening gifts

attitude while opening gifts

screaming cheese while eating pizza

friends at party


playing with new Market Shop
Basically kept things simple...Tissues balls hanging everywhere matching the colors (10 total)
...party sign I made w/the cricut (love mine)

...Birthday banner I won from a giveaway from Shannon at Webbisodes

Party Favors

I made 3 different kinds of cupcakes.....cupcake marshmallows on a stick....pink popcorn....pink lemonade....and PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Basically great day w/friends and family!!! I still can't believe my baby has turned 2! Thanks for all the well wishes for her Big Day!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like a SUPER fun party!! Adorable decorations, too!! :)
Happy birthday little one!
Expat Girl said…
The party looks so cuteeee
B said…
Awww it turned out DARLING! I love the cupcake thing. So sweet :)
Shannon said…
It all looks so great and I spy Miss Taylor and Miss Priss in a photo too! Oh and that outfit is adorable and I'm glad it came, even if it did have one too many candles...there's always next year though, you're right! And, hope you take this as a compliment (cause I would) but you look a smidge like Angelina Jolie in that picture with Lilly! I also love the attitude during gifts, kids are so darn unpredictable, I swear! Great job,momma! Now relax! Oh and one last thing...I think we may have the same living room rugh! Great minds think alike, right? Have a good one!
Shannon said…
Um, I meant rug...we have the same RUG!
I need to get Rals that Market Shop!!!!
New Mommy!!! said…
Ahhhh!!!! LOVE IT! LOVE EVERYTHING!! I have seen those tissue balls, and didn't know where to finsd them. Wanted them for Nik's 1st birthday. Finally found them at a store here in town, I can't wait to use them next year. I know how hard/time consuming and exhausting party planning/preparing/cooking/cleaning/getting everyone ready/hosting is. Everything looks fantastic! Great Job!

On to the outfit. What to say about this outfit. First of all that your MIL bought the outfit is Fab! MY MIL would never buy something like that for Nik-jealous! Phew, I am relieved that it arrived Friday at least. I think I told you it would, ha! That is so like NIk that Lils refused to wear it. Nik would do the same thing. She HATES to be fussed over. Hates it! I'll have to remember that. It's adorable, hopefully next year she'll wear it. Can't believe that the lady put three candles on it. Good Lord. She must have just had that left over or something. How can you mess that up. All she would have to do would be to look at your blog if she couldn't remember Lils age. I mean, it arriving but having 3 candles on it, is useless. I mean, you couldn't put her in it that way! Well, I guess you could, but would be kinda silly. I hope that it fits her next year, geez. What a nightmare! I'm all stressed out about it. You should seriously email that lady and tell her that unless she wants a bad rap she should compensate you for your troubles.

BTW. when did Lils get all those gorgeous wavy/curly hair. Too cute. She looks beautiful, as do you.
Love the play Market-too too cute!
Nik would LOVE that.
Cutie pie Rals is there too.

Cupcakes/colors/decs look Fab!Great job!
melifaif said…
Okay, refusing to wear the outfit is PRICELESS after all the heck you went through worrying over it. LOL. I love the attitude for the 3rd bday party....so perfect!
Angie said…
Everything looks GREAT! and yummy! She is such a cutie patootie! Layla would totally not wear the outfit I bought too...ha!
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!!
Angie said…
Oh my gosh I would LOVE to get the recipe or "how to" with those cupcake marshmallows on a stick! They look so cute and of course, YUMMY! :)
OMG! That is too funny about Lily not wanting to wear her new outift! At least she can wear it next year :) I love the decor and all the cupcakes everywhere! The sign you made with your cricut is too cute!!
carissa said…
the favors are presh! i love the lollipops... everything looks amazing!!! what a stinker; i can't believe she didn't want to wear it! good thing she's so darn cute! : )
Tara said…
Wow, Laura! That little boy at the table is a real cutie-pie! (wink-wink)

Popular Posts