Patience is NOT My Middle Name

I don't make Resolutions.
I mean what's the point?
Who do you know that made one and kept one?
I hate sticking a big L on my head 2 days into the new year because I failed on a resolution yet again

So I make "improvements"


and of course already broke one.

I want more Patience

 

Patient:  able to remain calm and not become annoyed when waiting for a long time or when dealing with problems or difficult people

That should read "when dealing with lots of small creatures called children"

I promised myself I would work on that this year.

The kids can't learn if mommy isn't patient herself right?

They have this annoying habit of NOT BEING ABLE TO WAIT

For instance. 

"Mommy I need something to drink"

"ok let me finish changing your brothers dirty diaper"
"MOMMY I'M THIRSTY"
"Yes I heard you the first time and I am in the middle of changing your brother's dirty diaper and then I need to wash my hands... you need to be patient"
"Mommy I said I need a drink Mommy I need a drink Mommy I need a drink"


This is where I yell  "YOU NEED TO LEARN PATIENCE"

Now isn't that something?  I'm screaming they need patience and I don't have any myself

Sure enough it happened again this morning

#4 wanted me to download a free app on the ipad.  I was in the middle of talking with the hubs though and told her she needed to wait.  At which point she starts shoving the ipad at me.  So I take it and stick it up on the counter and tell her when I am finished I will load it.  I then  needed to make a phone call pertaining to what hubs and I were talking about and now she is bouncing up and down "Mommy mommy mommy load the game load the game"  at which point I give the mommy hush face and wave my finger (not even sure why I do this) and walk her to a chair to sit down to complete my call.

She of course waits about 10 seconds and starts whining for me to load her game.


My call ended and I of course yell "You will not get your game loaded since you do not know the meaning of patience"
She responds that my voice volume doesn't either.


She had me there, I mean what do you say to that?

Nice to know I am 2 days into the new year and I can't even have patience.  Gonna be a long year if I keep this up


Comments

Dianna said…
My son does the same thing to me and it plays out the same way. I really need to work on it.

Popular Posts