Orange French Toast w/ Caramel Syrup

1

That's what I'm talking about....
The kids have been begging for French Toast....why not make it awesome then.  
Besides the fact that I'm craving citrus these days....

I ran across this recipe in the April 2012 Cooking Light magazine.  It was actually it was an ad for Diamond Crystal Salt.  

Orange French Toast with Salted Caramel Syrup

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
  • 8 slices country white bread
  • 2 tablespoons butter


Orange French Toast Directions

  1.  Whisk together milk, eggs, orange juice, zest, vanilla, and Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt in a medium bowl. (This can be prepared up to 1 day in advance.)
  2. Pour egg mixture in a shallow pan.
  3. Dip bread into egg mixture, and soak for 45 seconds.
  4. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place 2 slices of bread into skillet. Cook to golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side, and keep warm. Continue with the remaining slices of bread.
  5. Serve immediately with the warm Salted Caramel Syrup.
Now I didn't use their recipe for Caramel Sauce....I used Ree's....Recipe Here 


I've found so many recipes I am excited to try...esp this one from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese peeps


Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream


strawberry-cheesecake-ice-cream

Ingredients

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cups whipping cream
2 tsp. lemon zest
1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
3 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, coarsely chopped

Directions

Mix first 4 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Freeze 4 hours or until almost solid. 
Beat cream cheese mixture with mixer until creamy. Blend berries in blender until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture with chopped grahams; mix well. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. 
Remove dessert from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before scooping into dishes.


Sounds simple and easy enough...
I have yet to purchase an Ice Cream Maker....so this is the next best thing....

What treats are you making this summer?

Comments

That french toast sounds so good! I have been craving it lately...I made a peanut butter banana french toast for Father's Day (which secretly was for me) so I may have to try this one too. I think the caramel syrup would be perfect!
averyswifeliz said…
That french toast looks nothing short of deliciously amazing. I wish you lived nearby so I could sample some.

Popular Posts