More from the Community Crazy Garage Sale Fb Pages....


Remember this post?  Well something happened again yesterday. I guess some get angry...yesterday I just laughed and shook my head this time. I'm pregnant and don't get out much....so any drama (or crazy ppl other than me make me smile now)

I noticed a few ppl listing and selling those Nintendo ds lite game console thingy.....well we have a handful around the house and the big kids are not really into them anymore so I found one with some chargers and cleaned it up and listed.  I put more than I thought I would get ($40)....and sat back to wait.  Within a few seconds of listing a lady (we'll call her Mother) asked me if it was in good condition.  I responded promptly with "yes in good to excellent used condition"  ...she didn't respond....but another lady (we'll call her C) said "I'd like it...."  then a 2nd message "I pm'd you"  

Great I thought....that was fast....checked my messages and C said she would also like a few of the games I listed with the ds...and that her hubs would pick it up after work....I gave her my cell # for easier communication and thought all was said and done.

BUT NO IT NEVER IS HUH

While I was in private message with C ....all heck was breaking loose on the thread 

Mother comes back and says..."so Did I get it or C...since I asked first"  (technically she didn't....she asked condition) 

C responds..."I asked first....sorry"

enter the Daughter....Daughter responds how rude it was for giving it to C when Mother asked first.....AGAIN MOTHER NEVER ASKED FOR IT....and how I should follow the rules (there aren't any on this....) about first come first serve

new girl response..."why don't y'all grow up this is only a game....quit fighting"

daughter "(insert dirty word starting with F) and You"

RIGHT THERE I WAS SHOCKED....Are you kidding me?  This is an adult woman....not only that...my 11 yr old daughter reads this with me since she usually tells me when someone responds to our stuff to respond for me....

Then daughter says...."I guess it's who you know now days"  I guess she was implying that since I sold it to C I knew her....

I decided to respond..."Wow...nice language....and for the record I don't know either lady.....if Mother you would like it so badly then I will let you go first"

Now another lady jumps in and says "HEY LADIES IF Y'ALL WANT A DS I HAVE ONE FOR SALE"

Daughter is still getting ugly on the board....I sit here amazed...

Others join in at how petty and insane this has gotten....

Another lady tells me I should just donate the thing instead of selling it (ummmm NO ...I don't think so)

Mother says now that C can have it b/c she will get the other one  (REALLY MOTHER.....)

C tried to be nice and and decline

Problem is I'm not selling to MOTHER OR DAUGHTER...I don't appreciate the language.  Come to find out....they got kick off another community site for the same exact thing....starting something and getting ugly.  

I sent C a message telling her that her hubs could come by later to get it....

I ended up deleting the post b/c it got ugly....But not before I was laughing hysterically at the whole thing....

I got about 4 txt messages from ladies shocked at the whole thing and apologized for what I was going through.  I sort of laughed about it....(life is too short to freak out all the time)

Funnier yet.....one of the ladies stopping by that morning to buy something was the lady in that original post I mentioned.  The one that got really mad at me for wanting to offer more for an item b/c I was tired of ppl hem'n and haw'n if they wanted it or not.  She's the one that started a whole new post just about what I did mentioning how rude it was.....which started the whole topic of it was a no no....blah blah

Well I told hubs I would never buy from her...but if she bought from me...I wasn't opposed to take her money.....Lo and behold she bought 2 things....

When she came to pick it up she was the sweetest person ever....we could have totally been friends....then later she txt me it was nice meeting me....so either she let it go or she totally didn't know who I was...
and either way for me I had another giggle

But there's more ....(sorry It's dragging on)

Later that night when C's  hub came to pick up the games he chatted for a bit....I had mentioned how in talking with his wife we were both preg and due shortly....C is due July 6th...me Aug 6th....this is her 5th my 6th....I found out she has been on bedrest pretty much the whole time.....(boooo)  then in talking with him I asked if it was ok if I asked why she was on bedrest.....he mentioned she had Lyme disease....and then bells started going off...

I KNOW HIS WIFE....oddly enough...I don't KNOW her...I read about her....I've been reading her blog for about 2 yrs.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT....

So of course I ran to my phone and txt her my blog name and sure enough she knew me too!  We had a huge laugh!  SMALL WORLD.  I hadn't read her in ages b/c she ended up changing her blog name b/c ppl were getting mean and and leaving rude comments about her illness.  Her story is so amazing!  I can't even imagine what she goes through on a daily basis!  

I guess it was meant to be to sell it to her......Please stop by her blog and read her story!  She's an amazing girl!  Mommy2allgirls

Comments

Elaine said…
Wow-that is just craziness. Pretty new to your blog via LeAnna. Enjoying your posts:)
Neely said…
The people in your neighborhood are nutso
Casey said…
This whole event was crazy but in the end I think it worked out in the way it was meant tO be! We had been fallowing each others lives for awhile cOmmon it was fate! Plus everyone who wanted something got what they wanted in the end!
Casey said…
I'm just glad to finally meet more of you!
Stef said…
Where do you live, girlfriend? Crazyville??
But how cool that you and Casey could hook up in a human way! Cool!
Amanda said…
Baha. I loved reading this! this morning on our communitys garage sale facebook group I got told Im crazy for asking $20 for a brand new never been opened Infantino Flip carrier for babies. It was $45 originally and has never been used. Then I realized it was the same lady that put "I'll pay $12!!!" for a pair of jeans I listed earlier in the week. I asked $30 for them, they're Silver brand and had been worn 2 times before I got pregnant. Crazy people. I will definitely go to C's blog, she sounds amazing.

Popular Posts