GET A CLUE

My mom's in town for the week....YEA.  Yesterday was her bday and we ran errands all day....one stop we made?  Chick Fil A for the fam.  I stupidly took the drive thru and we waited....The line was long...as usual.  It had also wrapped around the building....
here I drew a diagram (grins)
1
Point is....the drive thru line wrapped around twice....which made it difficult for those of us who got our food to move....
Yesterday I got my food from the window....but they still had more and it wasn't ready....so they asked me to pull forward.  Which I did...far enough so the person behind me could get out.....problem was...since the line wrapped twice around building the person behind me couldn't truly get out b/c there was a line of cars there.  
We hear some man yelling....I assumed it was the guy behind us asking the lane next to him to let him in...
I motioned for the lady in the lane next to me to go since I was waiting for food...(I think she thought I was leaving and didn't want to block me) 

And the guy behind me was able to move around me and leave...

Then the next guy in line was literally freaking out...He's screaming out his window.  Then he gets a chance to pull next to us and is screaming at us through his window.  His face was bulging and beet red.  He's yelling 
"GET A CLUE GET A CLUE GET A CLUE"

My mom and I just sort of stared at him like he had 5 heads and waved.  I mean seriously dude...if anyone needs to get a clue it's you.  You came at lunch time to a busy busy busy establishment.  And then had the gall to scream like a maniac at a car waiting for food.  

In all fairness there weren't any parking spaces to pull into...and if I had I probably would have never been able to pull out again when I got my food.  

The manager came out and tried to stop traffic for me to move...I told him ...No ...I was not leaving I was waiting for my food...4 sandwiches still and 2 kids meals....Trust me I'm not moving...I paid.  Then I told him how some man just screamed at us like a lunatic..He asked which car...I said the one peeling out around the corner....The manager didn't seem to care anymore at this point.  He pointed to the building next door and told me to go there....I told him to make sure they knew where I was b/c there were so many cars I didn't want to not get my food.

Needless to say my mom and I couldn't stop laughing at the anger in this "get a clue" guy....and then used that as a lesson for the big kids about how ppl react to things while driving.  

Life is too short to have a heart attack over a drive thru line.  Stop...take a breath and slow down!  

(I can't say I didn't secretly wish that man got a speeding ticket today or ran his car into a curb...or found a flat tire when he left work for the day....would probably make his blood pressure soar again...but would serve him right)  Ok I'm so mean and horrible...but hey GET A CLUE DUDE.  (grins)

Comments

LeAnna said…
The number of people who get flaming mad over drive thru food is INSANE. Did you hear about the guy who didn't get his taco and came back and ran through the taco bell or whatever it was with his vehicle??? Sheesh, people. Go get a life while you're yelling at us to get a clue.
Lily Dawn said…
ohmygoodness... that is hilarious!
Our chickfilas are always outta control busy, but usually people seem to have good attitudes. I would have been cracking up too, that is usually my response when someone acts ridiculous :)
carissa said…
oh crazy. just crazy. chick fil a does tend to get a tiny bit busy. phew, glad you survived his wrath. ; )

enjoy mom!!! maybe you could even get some rest in??
Stef said…
I always think it funny when people freak out for no reason. I also find it hilarious when people honk at Brian/Hubs. He doesn't have a clue so it's like he is ignoring them...not intimidated at all. LOVE IT!
Anonymous said…
I could seriously write a book on the number of CRAZY ANGRY people who came through drive-thru when I worked at Tim Hortons. Crazy angry for no good reason! I remember one man swore at me through the drive-thru speaker because I told him we didn't serve hot dogs or burgers (Tim Hortons is a coffee shop chain lol). Or the woman who always ordered the same thing and yet (screamingly) insisted we got her coffee wrong EVERY DAY so she could get it for free. Mercy. Drive thrus are scary places. I can't believe the Chick-Fil-A drive thru was double wrapped that's wild!
mountain mama said…
wow, what a story! seriously...he has an anger issue! glad you could laugh about it...i probably would have cried. :)

Popular Posts