Oniony Goodness Meatloaf

I'm a meatloaf girl.....I mean what better way to make a meat dish with 'stuff' inside.  One of my all time favorites is the Diner Meatloaf Muffins.   Lately I have been experimenting with different recipes too.  Especially when you can stuff mozzarella sticks inside...mmm (anywho)

Last night I think I found one I would love to make again!  

2

French Onion Meatloaf 

Ingredients

2 pounds ground beef
¼ cup grated onion
2 cups seasoned stuffing
1 can (10.5 oz.) French onion soup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
teaspoons dried Thyme
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded swiss 
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can crispy fried onions

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. F.
ln a large bowl, mix together. beef, grated onion, stuffing, soup, eggs, Thyme and black pepper until well combined.
Form into a loaf about 9 × 5 inches and transfer to the Perfect Meatloaf pan.
Pick up Perfect Meatloaf pan by the sides, transfer to oven and bake 50 minutes
Remove meatloaf from oven by sides of pan and top with shredded cheese, grated Parmesan and crispy fried onions.
Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more, until cheese is melted.
Remove Perfect Meatloaf pan from oven by sides of pan to a cooling
rack. Grip insert by handles and líft meatloaf from pan.


Now remember I mentioned a few days ago how my mom gives me gadgets?  Well one of them was that Perfect Meatloaf Pan....I'm not real happy with it....I mean the idea is great....It keeps the meat off the grease that falls...problem was....it took an extra 45 mins on top of the 1hr that the directions say.  Not a good thing when you have all your sides finished and hungry kids.  Meatloaf has NEVER taken me hr and 45 mins to bake.  Not sure if it was the pan or what?  I was not amused!

The question was the taste?  I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

I'm a sucker for french fried onions....and french onion soup.  If you are too...you will enjoy this....

Comments

Anonymous said…
My other half loves meatloaf, I might have to snag this recipe for him! Thanks for sharing :)
This sounds delicious...I think I could devour a plate full with some creamed potatoes right now!
JDub said…
Adding this to next weeks menu for sure!

I assume I'm supposed to make the stuffing and then add it?
LeAnna said…
That looks incredibly good! Gonna have to try it.

Popular Posts