Patience and Dogs

It's funny really.....I wake up early to have some 'quiet devotion time' b4 the house wakes up. During the summer months it's great...the kids sleep in until 8:30ish and I wake up around 7ish....But during the school year my devotion times get a bit rushed...I have to wake up by 5am...to get my shower...dress and get my devotion time in b4 the kids come downstairs for breakfast....ugh..not looking forward to that time again in the next couple of weeks!

This morning we got some very much needed rain. Wouldn't you know it? It starts raining just as my hubby rises to take the dog out ....ugh. The dog hates the rain...

Hubby leaves for work and I will wander down to start the coffee and read my devotions....and yes...again the dog wants to go out. Most of the time I make him wait....he doesn't need to go...he just went a hour b4....But when he finishes eating his food...I do know he needs to go out....ugh

So here I sit....reading my devotion....dog whining at the door and raining....I know the scene....we walk out there...he gets in the yard...realizes it's raining and he wants back in...I've done this routine a million times...I've tried umbrellas...towels...name something to hold over him..I've tried.

So he's done eating and goes to the door...stares at me...whimpers.....stares at door....stares at me...whimpers....and I'm thinking ohhhh great!!!

I should make him wait I really should...I mean I know the drill. But what if this is different....I mean what if he really does need to go and doesn't mind the rain?.... I get up....get the umbrella....march him outside and guess what? He doesn't go...but runs back to the door....

I'm frustrated and angry and wet......AND I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN......

Sit back at my computer and start my devotion...and the subject PATIENCE....LOLLLLLLLLLL

I think maybe God is telling me something :o)

Comments

Popular Posts