Campfire and Smores....

Our oldest left for camp yesterday...we made the 3.5 hour trek in the car to take him....and that back. Whew....this pregnant chick traveled better in the car than I thought!

He literally talked non-stop the whole way there (I have nooooooooo idea where he gets that) and was almost jumping out of his seat when we finally arrived. The place was totally cool! I want to go to camp again! It was in East Texas in the Piney Woods area and the trees on the trip there were beautiful. It brought back memories of going to school in Nacognoches!

















We checked him in and then walked down a dirt trail to boys cabins! I was wearing flip flops and wasn't prepared for the dirt on my shoes or the heat.... we were sweating like pigs I tell ya...the temp was around 103. Whew!

Here is goober boy outside his cabin
















We met his cabin counselors and then got his bunk ready and headed off for the trail to the lake for their swim test.
















The lake was quite a distance from the cabin, but we finally found it! Oh My I tell you what....that swimming lake has got to be every kids dream! He stood in line and I saw some mother's from church and had to stop to visit!

This is where we left him.....I didn't want to go, but it was 5pm and we had to head home. I know he will have an incredible experience. The camp has a parent's site that you can log into daily and read reports and see videos and pictures of the kids in activities. How cool is that?

Check out the swimming lake..who wouldn't enjoy that?

Comments

Joanne said…
I want to go swimming too!!!

Btw, I bet that you'd be able to come up with 50 things about yourself. I wrote that post over the span of about a week. My first sitting I could only come up with 5 or 6 things!

Popular Posts