Oh To Be 5 Again...

I honestly can't remember turning 5.....But I do remember being 5...I remember seeing the library for the first time in the Elementary School....they had this kangaroo rocking chair to sit in ...and I WANTED...no NEEDED to sit in that chair one day and read.  I remember sitting on the floor in circle time with our ABC's books and they had glitter letters on the front...and I would trace my finger over the letters....
(anywho)

#4 turned 5 yesterday!!!  I can't even believe I can say those words...It truly doesn't seem possible!

She was our 1st Midwife/Birthing Center baby....I remember on a Thursday night about 8pm having mild contractions...by 4am my water broke.  We got the big kids off to school......Headed to Midwife to get checked....about 9am...she said go home and pack a bag and come when things got intense....I made hubs stop at a bakery and get some Morning Glory muffins to eat first.....by the time we got home ...things were intense....we packed really fast ...I remember thinking...

This is it...I can't do it...I've changed my mind (I say this with each baby....6 kids later I'm still saying it)

We got to the birthing center about 11:45am and she was born 1:11pm...bam!  Done!

(just seconds old...probably shouting put me back!!!)

and now my girl looks like a little girl....not a baby anymore


I'm off to the store to buy all the party food for tomorrow and start prepping.  They say it's supposed to rain...please don't...It's a Carnival Party meant for outside!  

Yesterday she asked for something sweet and pink for her cake with dinner.....

So what's more sweet and pink than Cotton Candy Cupcakes?  Nothing
They were perfect!


For the party I will make white icing and do pink and blue cotton candy on top!  Bring on the clowns!

Comments

Jumping Jack said…
I CANNOT believe you had just given birth (all natural, nonetheless) in that picture! You look great!

Happy Birthday Lil' Miss! Hopefully the rain will hold off until after the party. Have fun!
LeAnna said…
Man, five years goes so fast! It'll be my turn in January! Hope it doesn't rain on your carnival!
averyswifeliz said…
That cupcake looks delicious! Can I come to her party to eat one? Hehehe!!
Caroline said…
I can't believe she's 5! Happy Birthday, Lilly!
Dianna said…
Happy birthday Lily! I hope the weather cooperates. I look forward to seeing the party details.
Amber said…
Happy birthday Lily! That cupcake is adorable, and I bet it was delicious!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts