Maple...It's a Fall Thing Y'all

I know I have a few more days until Fall...but

Fall is my most FAVORITE SEASON EEEEEEEEVER.
And sadly I live in Texas where we go from green to yellow to dead in seconds flat, but I am still a lover of Fall.

I love Orange, Pumpkins, Wassail, Candy Corn, Leaves, Maple like things....Cinnamon smells...name something about this season I am in Love.  I can feel myself getting giddy just thinking about it!

So stay with me through all my blogs on cakes and cookies this Fall.

Today I made the Pecan Maple Snack Cake...from the the 2008 Cooking Light.  I only break these Fall recipes out with maple once a year....like to keep things bam good you know!


This says to make in a 9x9...I make this in a 11x7...(trying to feed a crowd)
I also double the frosting...we like it thick you know!

Cake:
1 cup maple syrup (use the good stuff)
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream  (I used the full stuff)
1/4 cup butter, melted 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg 

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 11 1/4 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 teaspoon salt

Frosting:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cake, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, 1/4 cup pecans, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add syrup mixture to flour mixture; stir until well blended. Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. (again I used an 11x7)
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. To prepare frosting, combine sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons syrup, cream, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans
 That's it...sit back and enjoy this sweetheart with a cup of cocoa or coffee.....you can thank me later!

*side note....my hubs hates those plates in the picture.  He only likes to buy things in complete sets.  I was at this adorable shop 10 years ago and she was having a sell...she had 4 of these blue like color plates marked down to $2 a piece.....I just had to have them.  He said since there was only 4 I shouldn't have gotten them.  Why  not?  If 3 friends come over and we have a coffeecake and coffee...BAM.  4 ppl 4 adorable plates.

I will eat my breakfast sometimes on them with my favorite coffee mug...funny how a plate and mug can make a day start off great.  He has tried to get me to sell the plates.  NO


It's the little things in life huh?!


Comments

Kristen said…
Recipe sounds super delicious! :)
Michaela Anne said…
Cannot wait to try this! Thanks for always sharing!!

Popular Posts