Chapter 36: The Saga Of Life w/Lily Continues......


Do you have a Lily? Maybe her/his name isn't Lily, but you sooo know the type!

Well here is more in my life w/my Lily.......

My dear Lily is 26m old and using 3 and 4 words now to make sentences...Now that doesn't mean we always understand what is is she is trying to ask for...take for instance this new phrase.......she's saying "I SUCK" and we have no idea what suck means.....

She says hold me or I need hug....or whatever else she wants that you can plainly understand...but suck? I can't for the life of me figure it out. We assess what she is doing or wants at the time she says it ....still at a loss. She usually says it pretty loudly in public. Yesterday I ventured to Target again...(no screaming at the birds in waddy thank you) and she's ready to get out of the buggy in the middle of my shopping.....she tries to stand and really loudly says 'I SUCK' no it's not for stuck...again she screams it....'I SUCK'

I have to admit it's funny at home, but not in public....trust me we don't teach our kids that they suck!

Story 2....

If you read my blog on Monday you knew that I was baking the Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprint cookies...(side note...they were soooooo easy to prepare and bake....had trouble getting the nuts to stick to the sides, but after reading reviews I wasn't alone...some brushed egg whites to the sides to help get them to stick.....might try that next time)

So as I'm kneading the dough I notice white stuff....I'm thinking powder sugar that hasn't broken up...and don't think of it again. Then you roll the dough in 1" balls....and about the 15th one I notice more of that white stuff...but this time it looks like finger nails....I START TO FREAK....but notice them now all over the cookies....and in the dough....now I'm thinking broken teeth. (i know i know...but first impressions thank you)

Closer inspection I notice it's rice.....RICE.....HOW COULD RICE BE IN MY BATTER...I always wipe out my stand mixer before and after using...and besides I never use rice in it....checked my cocoa powder...nothing...checked the powdered sugar...nothing...checked my flour jar....OMG THERE IS RICE ALL IN IT.. ......

Ok Now I'm ticked b/c I didn't have time to start all over...I waited until the last minute in the first place to bake them...didn't have a back up plan and this was our first night of Advent.....so what does a mom do? I smashed each ball and tried to pick out as much rice as I could.....ugh! Needless to say there was too much and each cookie had about 2 pieces still stuck in the dough when I baked them.

I was still trying to figure out how on earth the rice got there....I have 3 canisters on the counter...1 for flour...1 for sugar (which there was tons of rice in that one too) and a rice jar. the boys love my cooking too much to tamper w/ and hubs rarely cooks....(besides he rocks at it) so I was at a loss!

Later that evening......what do I see with my own little eye? Lily was on the counter and she was opening my jars and adding rice to each one! THAT LITTLE STINKER. So lo and behold...my dear daughter messed w/the flour and the cookies had an interesting crunch. We ended up eating just a few and throwing the rest away!

Moral....always check your flour before baking if Lily has been in your kitchen!!!

I tell ya this girl keeps me on my toes!

Side note....I'm 31 weeks today.....9 more to go...I'm on a MAINTENANCE diet...not a diet...but to keep it where it's at. deep sigh. Had my midwife appt and I weigh now what I did when I gave birth to Miss Lil. yikes...granted it's only 30lbs...but I guess for me that's 10 too much right now! Pray for me....it's the holidays and I'm not looking forward to cutting stuff out! It's a time to eat, drink, and be Merry! Guess I just get to be Merry!

Comments

Shannon said…
Oooh, I so knew that Lily was behind the rice...am I a genius or what?! Gotta love that little stinker! I can almost just see her face when she says "I Suck..." Sorry L, but you gotta admit that's super funny! But like you I'd be hoping she only said it around home. I bet ya get some looks from people out and about. People love to judge, don't they!?

Here's hoping for a rice free dinner with the in laws tonight!
Caroline said…
Oh my!!!! I would have freaked too!!!
Love from Texas said…
sounds like lily may be trying to say 'i'm stuck'??? esp while she's trying to climb out of the basket. my 2 yr old says the same thing, but now he's able to say 'i scuck'... he also likes to replace the beginnings of words with "f" , and he's REALLY in to "trucks" right now. it's sooo embarassing. he's my "lily" :)
Neely said…
Oh lily....she's so funny
I say put her up for adoption or give her away!! Is that frowned upon when you become a parent?!?! Ha! I'm kidding! Lily is so funny! But geez! Rice in the flour??!
Jumping Jack said…
"I suck" that's funny! Sorry she had to yell it in public. She's a handful!! At the rate we're going, I'm sure Jack will end up being my Lily in the not too distant future.

Can't believe she mixed rice with your flour - silly girl! She will quickly realize your baking is too good to mess with the ingredients! HA!
Angie said…
Oh my goodness....such a funny story! What a cute little stink pot you have!! I love her :)
I have a Lilly, too. :) You've already seen some of her work. Nice to know that your Lily is also a very fun baby girl. ;)
Lori said…
She sounds adorable.. just a little rascal. Maybe new baby will be a calm, peaceful, easy one? :)
Tiffany said…
Boo on the diet during the holidays thing! The flour thing cracks me up, that is just like something Ava would do. She also had a phrase similar to the shock value of 'I suck', but I can't remember what it was. We could never figure out what she was saying either!
The Regal Pup said…
I agree with the comment above - boo on the diet for the holiday! ;-)

Lily sounds like a mischievous little one! I bet she keeps your on your toes.
New Mommy!!! said…
I knew where you were headign with that Rice/Flour scenario! Ha, Ha!! I think that is too funny! Thsi is soemthign NIk would do, if she could reach the counter as well, I 'm sure. Luckily we keep ours in our Lazy Suzan where I don't think she could reach them. But, I would love to have them in jars on our coutners! I think it's so cute! Nik is always getting into my baking and cooking stuff. When I cook she has to get out pots/pans and utensils and cook with me. It's too cute! She loves playing with my sprinkle jars, cookie cutouts, and bowls, etc.

Umm...The I Suck is too funny, but I can see how that might become embarrasing and cause some looks in public. Sorry. Hopefully she'll grow out of saying it!

Girl, 30 pounds is nothing. I think I gained 40 with Nik. You don;t need to diet! It's the holidays! Just get fat with therest of us! Ha! So excited it's getting close!
New Mommy!!! said…
Head on over to my blog! I'm hosting my VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY!
New Mommy!!! said…
Head on over to my blog! I'm hosting my VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY!
carissa said…
maintenance diet during the holidays?!?! unheard of! you poor mama. prayers headed your way! :)

oh my, your lily is so cute. i'm in for it with my sage too. i just know it. it must be a girl thing!
Hi Laura. I just stared following your blog. Oh my goodness ... I could not stop laughing through this whole post. I too have my own "Lily" ... except she is a little older, but truly larger than life itself. Ahhh ... the joys of motherhood. People ask me why I have such a great relationship with God. My answer ... MOTHERHOOD!!! Keeps me on my knees =o)Have a beautiful day.
Stef said…
First, if you have only gained 30lbs, you are in good shape. I say skip the diet and enjoy the yummies.

What a little cute stinkyer. But smart to put in white stuff where no one will see it.

You definitely have your hands full!
Annie said…
Ohhhhh Lils, gotta love her :)

Maintenance diet?!??! Thats sounds impossible...and like no fun :(....good luck!!

Popular Posts