She Made Me Sweat....


I usually make a fuss in my head when I get irked!.....

Situation...

You picked the wrong line...you watch all the other lines of people come and go. You count seeing 10 new ppl in the other lines and they disappear. Just when you think you should move 3 new people jump in that line. You tell yourself if you move to that line...yours will move and then the new line you are in will stand still. Sooooo you stay put. Only to fume inside b/c you are ticked off. Then when they open a new lane ...all the people closest to the new one run there and yet....here you are stuck again in your line counting another 5 mins ticking by for a total of 15. You try hard not to scream "can you open a new lane...I mean don't you ppl see me standing here? How rude are you?" but you keep to yourself....


I must have been standing behind this woman w/a massive return. (I'm in Old Navy) I've had to pee since like the first store I hit...But I'm patiently holding it. You see hubs is watching little demon at home for me for 4 hours so I can complete my shopping. He made fun of me b/c I was mapping out which stores I would pee in.

Give me a break....5th pregnancy...due in 7 weeks and the baby is really pressing on the bladder. Yes...you need a bathroom plan when shopping. haha

So I'm shifting from foot to foot....THIS CHICK NOT ONLY HAD A HUGE RETURN...WANTED TO REBUY IT ALONG W/OTHER STUFF W/COUPONS.

I'm fuming in my head....then my line gets longer. There is a pregnant woman who comes up behind me too. She starts a conversation and (forgive me dear lady if you in a small world read this blog)

She is due in May w/a girl and was telling me how she was mauled by a DOG last weekend at a funeral. It knocked her down and was biting her back. His teeth were sunk into her and they pulled it off. I was shocked...what a horrible story. I couldn't for the life of me think of a reason why someone would bring a dog to a funeral. Esp a huge one that you can't control.

SO now she's irritated that this person in front of me is holding things up. She yells...

"CAN Y'ALL OPEN A NEW LANE...THIS IS TAKING FOREVER"......then

"OK ENOUGH STUFF NOW LADY...MOVE ON".....

haha I hid my face....I'm sure I was blushing badly

Then she shouts to the lady "Hey do you have more stuff? We've been waiting here and there are 2 pregnant woman behind you"

Now this is when I start sweating...I hate confrontation. I mean granted these are all the things I'm thinking too...but I would add that I had to pee really really really badly.

Then she shouts "PUT YOUR COUPONS AWAY YOU'RE DONE NOW"

I grabbed a flier and hid my face. I couldn't do it...as much as I wanted to I couldn't scream that.

Now I'm sweating ....fanning myself....trying hard not to giggle and thus lose my bladder on myself.

Finally a manager came up to me and asked me to move to a new lane...I hobbled there...pregnant chick followed. I wonder if ppl thought she was with me?

She proceeds to tell the manager about how long we'd been waiting and how this chick had a ton. She said returns shouldn't be allowed...the manager agreed. UMM HELLO? RETURNS ARE FOR A REASON...like a tear in the shirt...or the wrong size on the hanger...or it just didn't look good on you at home b/c you couldn't try it on there b/c of time issues or you had 5 kids w/you.

I barely made it to the car I was laughing so hard. Hubs said I should wear depends from now on. Thanks hun...but I think I'll just keep waddling to the potty in the nick of time!

Top it off...I bought the wrong sizes and need to return them at some point. I'm scared haha


Comments

Neely said…
I hate confrontation too! But I also hate when people do shit like that!
Shannon said…
Oh gosh! I would've died, but been thinking the same thing! People like that lady certainly keep life interesting, huh?!

Hope your weekend is much calmer! I still have shopping to do...ugh, wish me luck, I'll need it!
Morgan said…
That's SO pee-in-your-pants funny!!! (Just teasing, lol) I am totally like that pregnant chick behind you. If people are being ridiculous, I let them know about it. Thanks for sharing the story, I needed the laughs!!
Stacie said…
Loved reading this although I would have been embarrassed right there with you! I hope she's not there when you make your exchange!
Angie said…
Oh my word...you had me rolling. So dern funny! Sorry you got the wrong sizes...bummer. Be careful returning...heehee!
Hilarious! We've all been there at least once...You get into "that" line. If it's not one thing it's another. At least you waddled to the bathroom in time. And I love that the preggo stirred things up. HA! Awesome.
carissa said…
oh goodness! i think i lose the line battle every time i shop... i'm so bad at choosing the right line!!! i had bathroom plans too, and it was only for baby #2. wow, i'm sure #5 would be tough; i most assuredly would need some dependables. ; ) your fellow preggy lady in line was a nut!!! maybe it's all the hormones?! hopefully!
Jumping Jack said…
That's freaking hilarious! I wish I could have been there while this was going on!!

Good luck w/ the returns! HA!
Sherman said…
Hi there:
Just found your blog, and have bookmarked it for future reading. It sounds like you have a very full plate and no doubt juggling everything can get rather overwhelming.

Sherman Unkefer

Popular Posts