Cast Girl Gets Festive RED


Finally had our appt w/the Orthopedic Doc yesterday! Lily did great except every time the door opened she wanted to bolt out in the hallway. The staff had it decorated for Christmas and she thought the suckers were balloons (in her defense they were huge suckers and they wrapped the suckers in plastic wrap and looked just like balloons)

She didn't mind ppl looking at her arm this time...unlike the ER visit. She did terrific when the 2 girls wrapped her arm. She EVEN let one of the girls hold her to take another xray once the cast was on. Doc said it looked great!!!

We went w/red cast color...might as well since it's Christmas time and she only has to wear it until the 29th! The dr explained her break a lot better to me than the ER did. She basically has a bend in the bone. An adult's bone can snap like chalk...a child's can bend (snap too if really bad) So we cast to help the bone bend back in shape and not get worse and snap!!

I had to hold my tongue when he told me to make sure she didn't use the arm for anymore jumping....he obviously doesn't know this child. You can't tie her down....she is still leaping...yes leaping from stuff. I'm trying to get her to do it on the ground. That's like telling a dog not to bark when he sees a bird! Not an easy task!

Last night for bath time I was a nervous wreck to not get the thing wet. I wrapped it in Saran wrap and then bagged it in a gallon zip lock baggie. Then I got her baby tub out and bathed her in that. She did great not using her arm in the waddy! :o) (granted I screamed NOOOOO every time she wanted to grab a toy haha) I think this child will be the death of me!!

Good news about the Red cast....her favorite show right now is Olivia...Olivia loves RED! I think she thinks she's Olivia now!


Comments

Shannon said…
Wish I could've been a fly on the wall at your house just before bath time...that was probably a hoot...saran wrap everywhere! I despise working with that clingy stuff!

Lily looks great in red! Good choice for Christmas!
Tiffany said…
Love the red cast - it is perfect for Christmas! I'm sure trying to keep it dry is going to be hard. At least it isn't summer and you are having to keep her out of the pool!
Shannon said…
Oh and bless your heart with an Olivia fan...GG likes that but fortunately we dont' get Nick Jr. here just at my mom's. I don't mind most of her shows but there's just something odd about that Olivia...

But anything to make the cast easier to take for sweet L...
melifaif said…
She looks darling, cast and all. And my Layla LOVES Olivia too. We have the backpack, the lunch bag, t-shirts....LOVES HER!!!!
The Regal Pup said…
Like the red! Glad she was a better sport this time around w/ having the x-rays done.
I love the red. You'll have to keep us updated on how you are dealing with her clothes and the cast.
Jumping Jack said…
I love the red cast and so perfect for Christmas! Good luck at bath-time! I can't imagine how hard that must be! Thankfully it's only a few weeks.
Neely said…
Look at Lils rockin that red cast! What a cutie pie :) Good luck keeping her in check :)
Caroline said…
Love the red cast! So cute! And you are such a good mommy!
LeAnna said…
Poor sweet pea! I dread the days of broken bones and trips to the ER. Ahhhh!
Angie said…
I love the red...she is a doll :)
I love that she chose red, very stylish and Olivia like :)
I hope it heals quickly and she can take a bath in peace soon :)
Sweet Lily sure knows how to rock that red cast! She is still such a cutie with her "Olivia" cast!
Caroline said…
I didn't notice this before, but is that a weenie dog on her shirt???

Popular Posts