To spit or not to spit that is the question....

Ok today I had a total "Be a Kid" moment and didn't take it.
I left my hubby at home to organize the garage and I was in charge of taking the kids to the neighborhood pool. I like going in the evenings because it gives me a chance to catch up on some of my reading. Today I thought I would forgo wearing my swimsuit so that I could catch up on my favorite pastime. I'm not sure why I ever bring the book since 90% of the time I'm watching all the kids do some new cool diving trick or "mom time how long I can stay under the water"...And for the record, I hate that one. I can't hold my breathe for very long and panic when the kids stay under to beat their record...anyways back to my kid moment.
The pool is set to look like you are in a tropical paradise and they did a pretty darn good job. I can't tell you how many times I forget I'm not on vacation and that I really live here.
Before entering the pool you have to walk across a bridge. You can always find people fishing off of it, but today it was empty and we could see a ton of little fish swimming on the surface. The kids are calling me over and I'm walking as fast as I can when I see my middle child spit into the water on the fish. Ewwwww Of course the mother in my says, "Now honey quit spitting on the fish". Typical son comment "But mom they like it....come here and try"
My first reaction..."Why I never"
Second reaction..."I soooo want to try that"
Did I? No, didn't have the guts. I was afraid some other mom would walk by and gasp in horror. Hey, I'm trying to make friends here, but boy to be a kid again!

Comments

Popular Posts