Chivalry is not dead here...

Thanks Michelle....

Fascinating Womanhood
by Helen Andelin
She says "If chivalry is dead, women have killed it. They have killed it by becoming capable, efficient, and independent, able to kill their own snakes. They prove by their strength and ability that they don't need masculine care and protection, that they are well able to take care of themselves. They commonly display their capacity to solve their own problems and fight their own battles. To awaken chivalry we must return to femininity. We must stop doing the masculine things and become the gentle, tender, dependent women we were designed to be, women who need masculine care and protection. When we do, men will delight in offering their chivalry."

Comments

Morningtower said…
Yes! This is one of my soapbox issues!!! What a wonderful quote, and such a good point to make.
Southern Savvy said…
Hey! Checking out older posts on your blog. I just found out about this book and it's on my very long "to read" list. Looks like I'm going to enjoy it! I could write volumes on how the feminists lied to me! LOL

Popular Posts