Makes ya wanna pucker!


Pucker Up!
If any of you are Southern Living magazine freaks like me then you caught this in their latest issue. I just had to try it!
Find some big juicy lemons. (I know, mine aren't big and juicy but that is all Wallyworld had yesterday)

Then if you have a Cracker Barrel near go in and look for Bob's peppermint sticks. I think these work best b/c they are not your typical peppermint stick...they are a bit softer.
Roll the lemon on the counter to release some juices.
Cut an X in the top of the lemon and then insert a peppermint stick.
Start sucking and pretty soon the lemon juice comes out the "straw".
As you continue to suck..squeeze the lemon to release more juice.
I didn't think it would work, but it did. The kids loved this and thought they were getting a little treat! Oh how I'm gonna miss summer!

Comments

Becky said…
Isn't it a bit sour? Does the peppermint stick sweeten up the lemon?

Popular Posts