Feminist I'm not!

You Are 0% Feminist

You are definitely not a feminist. In fact, you are every feminist's worst nightmare.
You believe that women belong in the kitchen.... barefoot and pregnant.


Do I believe women should be barefoot and pregnant? You betcha! If I could I would have a slew of children hanging from my boob and hips 24/7. I am the mother that sings silly songs, puts my children’s needs before my own, will stay up all night decorating 5 dozen cookies for a bake sale. I’m the mom that bakes a special cake for the first day of school. I’m in the front row of every choir concert. I’m the mom that would run all over town finding that perfect fuzzy material for a costume for Halloween. And I’m the mom who will listen to your kids when they need the comfort of a mom around.

I’m so sick of hearing women say that a few month after they give birth they are bored? Bored? Bored from what? Bored seeing that beautiful baby face first thing in the morning. Bored teaching their baby to play…sing…love…? Bored hearing those first sweet words of Dada Or Momma?

That made me think of an article I read a few months back from a mother (or should I say self-absorbed narcissist) in England. Here is an excerpt:


I can't say which activity I dreaded more: playing Pass The Parcel at parties with a child who permanently crawled away from the action towards the priceless knick-knacks, or listening to the other mothers go on about such excitements as teething and potty-training. Mind-numbing!
To be honest, I spent much of the early years of my children's lives in a workaholic frenzy because the thought of spending time with them was more stressful than any journalistic assignment I could imagine.
Kids are supposed to be fulfilling, life-changing, life-enhancing fun: why was my attitude towards them so different?
While all my girlfriends were dropping important careers and occupying their afternoons with cake baking, I was begging the nanny to stay on, at least until she had read my two a bedtime story. What kind of mother hates reading bedtime stories? A bad mother, that's who, and a mother who is bored rigid by her children.

(for a complete link to the article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=397672&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expan)

Women like this shouldn’t have kids, let alone deserve kids. I feel sorry for her 2 boys. I hope they grow up and find women the opposite of their mother and find a woman who wants to be a mother to their kids.
What’s the problem with women today? Why is it you can’t put your career on hold for 18+years to raise a family. You say you can’t raise a family on a single income. I say BULL. You can but won’t because you don’t want to give up those monthly manicures and pedicures, those new jeans, going out to each more than you cook at home, $$ family vacations. If you sacrificed a few of those things and spent more time with your family you would be amazed at how ‘fun’ life is.
Notice what the older women are told to do in Titus 2:4-5: “Encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home (read that again), kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.” In Genesis 2 God doesn’t call Eve a wife, but a “helper”. This is our starting point. Take note.
I’m not gonna say things won’t be stressful from time to time. The baby is sick, your washer broke, dinner is burned, and you haven’t shaved your legs in a week. But, the next time you think you are bored or have had enough …remember that sweet baby face you wake up to in the morning or those precious little hands that reach up to you to be held.
Feminist? You won’t find one here, but you will find a faithful and happy mom who wouldn’t change her job title for all the money in the world.

Comments

Becky said…
I agree with you. I can see how women would have a difficult time making the transition from working woman to stay-at-home mom, and I can also see how a brand new mom would feel frazzled after not getting any solid sleep for a month, but I think both these conditions are temporary. If your kid is a toddler and you still don't want to be around them at all... do your kid a favor and put them up for adoption so they at least have a parent who loves them, and do the world a favor and have your tubes tied.

Popular Posts