We Are Such In A Hurry...

When we get pregnant we can't wait to hold our baby.  

If you were like me you sat in the empty nursery in the rocking chair rocking back and forth rubbing your bump imaging that precious baby.  

What she would look like...would she have any hair at birth?  Would he love the sound of my voice?   

Then we blink and our pregnancy is over.

After our baby is born we can sit for hours staring at this precious creature in awe at his tiny little features.  We wonder when he will smile at you for the first time.  We can't wait to watch them roll over, sit, crawl, take first foods, sleep through the night, stand, walk, and talk

We blink again and these moments are gone. 

I know this because my first baby is a senior this year.  I swear I can still remember every moment from his birth to rolling over ...to first Birthday.  (It's was Pooh themed)

I want those first moments back sometimes.  Did I appreciate them to the fullest or was I so concerned with the next milestone that I didn't slow down and live in THE moment?

I now look at Cole  with those same eyes.  Honestly things went so fast his pregnancy that it was a blur.  I feel like it was just yesterday I felt him thumping away inside my tummy.   And here I sit staring at  this ball of wonder who is 14.5 months old racing around the house on his wobbly legs.  I keep thinking this is his first Fall, but it's his second. 

Again time if flying by. 

I'm trying so hard to enjoy each hiccup, each giggle, each cry, each hug


Sometimes hubs and I will sit on the couch after a long night of wrestling the animals into bath and pj's and bedtime books.  By the time we sit on the couch we are exhausted but will share a giggle and say

"Man they are the coolest kids....let's go wake them up and play with them" 

Of course we don't.  But no matter how tired we are, their sweet little faces or the things they say melt our hearts at the end of the day.

I can't stop the clock, but I sure hope I can video, record, snapshot each moment to reflect back on.


Love my 6 little (and big) monkeys!

Comments

This post is so sweet! You are the best little momma! I can't wait to experience what you just talked about above one day!

Popular Posts