Prepare for a Crowd



I always double and triple recipes for my family.  Especially when I will have 2 extra neighborhood kids show up just at the perfect time...DINNER TIME (8 pretty children filling their bellies...there better be enough for 2nds)

With 6 kids someone is always hungry in my house and dinner needs to be on the table by 5:15...I usually start prepping and cooking either first thing in morning or I start at 3pm...I'm in the kitchen all day...Barefoot and no longer pregnant (bha...oh anywho)

Back to that Paula Deen's Family Dinner magazine I picked up in the aisle at the grocery store...

Chicken and Rice Enchiladas

I really liked this b/c 1. it looked super easy...2 it had the rice IN the enchiladas....

I bought the ingredients and had it on the menu for Thursday night...while at the store Thursday morning (I hate when I forget stuff and have to rush to store for things) I ALMOST bought double the ingredients for this dish b/c I remembered I didn't double it and was afraid I wouldn't have enough

BOY AM I GLAD I DIDN'T...

This recipe is a make ahead and freeze dish...IT MAKES 2 PANS OF ENCHILADAS!  BAM!



Point of this story...?  Great dish for when you need a meal for someone that has just had a baby or freezer meals for your family!  

The flavors were fantastic!   (even hubs said over and over...I really like this)

And because I'm lazy again...here are more photocopies from the pages of the magazine (if they were online I would paste from there)



 Hard to read...just ask me! 

The only thing I did different was I added 1 8oz package of cheese to the top each pan vs 1 package SPLIT between the two (we like things cheesy) 

For a side dish I make a bean recipe I got from Southern Living 15+ years back...

2 cans refried beans, 1 pkg of taco seasoning, can rotel, and shredded cheese
mix first 3 ingredients and add to a greased 2qt dish.  Sprinkle with cheese. 
Bake 350 for 20 mins
Use this for a dip or side dish...we serve it with chips!

Tonight on the menu?

Why yes another recipe from the magazine  (I told you there were over 20 yummy things I'm making from here...if not more)

Chicken (recipe called for Turkey) and White Bean Chili

Looks fantastic don't it?!
(thanks Paula for photo)

Comments

Heather said…
Holy cow these recipes look delicious! I've marked them so I can try them out later :).

Popular Posts