Soup-a-doup....Taco Soup

The weather is finally getting chilly.  I whipped out a new Taco Soup recipe that is sure to please everyone.

Raising 6 kids and 3 of them are in the house all day...It doesn't leave me a lot of free time

I like a recipe where I can just throw stuff in a pot and let it do all the work.

This recipe had a lot of cans to open though.  But since it only took 10 mins to prep and then just sat in a pt for 30...It's all good!.  This is when I wish Lily's arms could open cans for me....

Recipe from November Paula Deen....
(I once again had to use her photo...we ate in record time and I didn't get any photos..as usual)



I didn't double the recipe and it was perfect for our family of 8 and peeps going for 2nds

The only addition we did?  Shredded cheese and chips

1 lb beef  (could increase this for more beef in your soup)
1 cup chopped onion
2 (15oz) cans green chile enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can ranch style beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 (4oz) cans diced green chiles (I actually only had 1 can on hand)
1 package taco seasoning mix

 
In large Dutch oven, cook meat and onion over med heat until beef is browned.  Drain
Add enchilada sauce and all remaining ingredients
Bring to a boil over med/high; reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for 30 min

That's it...hardest part is opening all the cans!

_____________________________

The weather is getting colder.  I just hope we don't get a heat wave next week for Trick or Treating.  It never fails...if I dress the kids in head to go bunnies or lions it's 100' outside.  If I dress them as tiny fairies with a leotard and wings a cold front comes and it's 30'.  Fingers crossed for perfect weather in the 60's!

I've got a sweet
Little Red this year.  She wants one of her brothers to be a wolf.
Child #5 wants to be a super hero.  So it looks like #6 it is!


Now off to google WOLF costumes! 

Comments

jen said…
We did red riding hood and the wolf one year. It was hilarious! We are also hoping for perfect Halloween weather--80s. So different from growing up in IDAHO where you flashed your costume for a second at the door and hurriedly rezipped your coat.

Popular Posts