Grayson Close Your Eyes...I See You

Remember what I said about expectations?

Last night we had our 1st Advent family time.

I didn't want to force Lily and Reid....(I'll make Lily sit next year when she's 5)

The big kids and I gathered around the table...(hubs was wrestling a messy Reid in the tub)
and Lily joined us.

We opened up in Prayer and in the middle of it Lily yells

"HEY GRAYSON CLOSE YOUR EYES...I CAN SEE YOU"

Of course everyone busts out laughing and Grayson shuts his eyes tight.

After the Amen's Lily shouts Ament Advent  ...nothing like the sweetness of 4 yr olds

We get to the lighting of our first candle and Kate wants to light the first one of the year.  We get the clicker out to light and Kate can't click the flame on.  I show her how and pretty much for the remainder of the lesson she is struggling to light it.  My candle has a dent where she kept torching the side.

Lesson went well....better than I hoped.  I lost all my notes from the previous years and the past couple of days have been compiling new ones.

I have to say I was pleased...these were better than my old ones.

Our treat?

Gingerbread.

5

Well I ended up using a Pillsbury Recipe...

It was quick and simple and delicious.  My oldest even took extra to school today.  (he doesn't do leftovers...so you know it was good)

Bread
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
3/4 cup molasses
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. In small bowl, stir molasses, water and baking soda until well mixed; beat into brown sugar mixture.
  •  
  • 2 Gradually stir in flour and remaining bread ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter evenly into pans.
  •  
  • 3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
  •  
  • 4 In small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired consistency. Brush glaze over cooled loaves. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

We also made the Pinterest inspired Carbo goodness
 
Spaghetti Pizza Braid

7

We changed it up a bit.....

I used that pizza dough in the can....rolled it into a rectangle...

Added the cooked sausage...sauce....cheese...and pasta to a bowl and mixed it well.

Added it to the center of the rolled dough....Then I made slits on either side of the spaghetti and started to braid the strips over spaghetti from one end to the other

6

I made an egg wash brushed over it and sprinkled garlic salt and parm cheese
Baked at 350 for 35 mins.  yummo

4


Comments

Amber said…
Hahaha! Lily is such a ham!

Everything you make always looks so delicious!!!
Unknown said…
Lol...

The food looks so yummy

Popular Posts