Christmas Cookies...Minty Mint

I had a cookie exchange at my house last Friday.   As an incentive to bake their 6 dozen cookies..(yes y'all were complaining and you know who you are) I said we would pick a winner and they would win a 7" wooden block with their initial or #  in family for their mantle.

Not to leave anyone out ...I also had Winter Spatulas for everyone to take home as Thank You For Coming gifts

It really isn't that many to bake in the first place...I mean for my family I have to cook that many anyways so this was a piece of cake.  (I love my big family)

Anywho

I forgot pictures which makes me so lame.

I had a hot chocolate bar...coffee bar....and wassail simmering for drinks.

This year I decided to make a crock pot hot chocolate.  It used a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk....heavy whipping cream and milk...cocoa powder and choc chips   SO YOU KNEW THIS WAS GONNA ROCK.

And it did.  Some of the reviews said it was too rich...but isn't that the point of hot chocolate?



For my cookies I did my Jello Cookies.  My neighbor across the street from us in our old house, used to bake us a huge container of cookies at Christmas  (miss you Sharon)
One of the cookies was a Jello Cookie.  I thought they were the most incredible sweet tangy cookie ever.  I got her recipe all those years ago and have been making them for our family ever since.  My kids inhale them...and so do I.  I assumed everyone loved these as much as us...wrong

My cookies were not a hit at the exchange.  My kids told me not to worry ....and the lime were their favorite.  This time I did Cherry and Lime jello for red and green cookies for the festive look


 Hot Chocolate and Coffee Bar (minus the flavored creamers)  and my sweet photo bomber

One of the cookies at the party was so yummy!  It was the Andes Mint Cookie.  Thankfully everyone brings recipes to share!


The ingredients were simple.  The recipe was a breeze.  And everyone will think you are the bomb.

Last night for Wednesday night dinner we had Fajitas and these babies for dessert.  Next time I will triple the recipe....none were leftover

All you need is Andes Mints Box of Devils food cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, and 2 eggs



Mix it all together (minus the mints)

I rolled mine into small 1" balls and baked at 350 for 8 mins.  DO NOT OVERBAKE.

Then as soon as they are out of the oven press an Andes Mint into the center.  I chopped all mine in half and then placed the halves overlapping each other.  

Then I popped back in the oven for about 15 secs to help with the melting process.  Or you could wait for a bit for the mint to melt.  

Take a tiny flat spatula and spread chocolate for icing.  BOOM



Comments

Amber said…
Okay, this sounds like a blast.

I'm gonna have to whip up some hot chocolate in the crockpot. Sounds delish!

Popular Posts