30 weeks Pregnant and can still Run like the Wind

(sings to Christopher Cross)

on with blog....
ugh...Did I ever get a fright this evening...

We have walkie talkies that we use if the kids are going to play...Mini Me has a friend that is across the greenbelt, but when you turn the corner for her house it's out of my sight, so I make her call me when she reaches their door and when she is leaving...

Well today she calls when she gets there...and again when she is heading home...about 1 min later I hear screaming on the walkie...I can't understand her...All I can think of is a big dog is attacking her...

I'm screaming...'where are you where are you'

She's screaming ' the bridge by the lake...mommmmmy..i'm bleeding'

I'm screaming 'I'm coming I'm coming...'

I sprint out the back door as fast as I can...I'm surprised I didn't even feel pregnant! I'm running like there is no tomorrow. I'm sure anyone who happened to look out their back porch got a pretty hilarious sight!

There I spot my daughter on the ground crying....Luckily my oldest son was behind me and he helped...

Poor baby had fallen off the bridge with her bike and down on the concrete (it's about a 6-7' slope)...she skinned her knee...arm...and belly! They know they are not allowed to ride their bikes across the bridge but to walk it...she tried to stop b4 the getting to the bridge to walk her bike, but lost control and stumbled and tumbled down! It's about 5 houses away from our house...sniff sniff...and was sitting there covered in pond muck and bleeding....and sobbing...

After lots of kisses and tons of washing I got her cleaned up! She's resting on the couch with a cup of apple juice! Thank goodness for walkie talkies!

Poor thing said...."Mom I'm glad we have these things or I would still be sitting out there on the wall crying"

ohhhhhhhhh poor mini me....I'd never let her sit there that long....surely she'd think I would have wondered what happened!

Here is a pic of the bridge.....sorry none of me running...that's for Funniest Home Bloopers!

Comments

Popular Posts