Kiwi Crate.....Kids Crafts

You know you have a good thing when your child's first words when she wakes up are...."Let's make more paper"
Seriously I opened my eyes and she is ready to make more crafts


Kiwi Crate was kind enough to let us do a review for a box this month. 

Being a mommy you like to keep your kids busy with activities....sure tv is fun...but come on...I don't know about you, but I loved doing crafts growing up!  I felt like I was creating a masterpiece.  Things are more fun when you make them yourself (I guess that's why I love baking so much)

A mommy of 2 started Kiwi Crate...here is what her vision is...

Our Story

Kiwi Crate was built out of a passion for hands-on fun that encourages creativity and curiosity in children. I had a deep appreciation for these projects, but often found that my greatest intentions fell short. It was tough to find the time to come up with engaging hands-on activities, let alone get the materials.

So, as I started to develop creative projects with my kids, I thought, “why not share them with friends, who are also busy?” At playdates, the kids had a bunch of fun, and the parents appreciated having all of the materials and inspiration for the projects provided. Several parents mentioned, "I wish I could do this at home with my kids!"

Kiwi Crate was created to fulfill that wish and to celebrate kids’ natural creativity and curiosity. We want to make it fun, easy, and delightful to spend time building, exploring and creating together

Our box arrived on Saturday ...I think her face says it all...


I'm not sure who was more excited me or Lily

First thing you see is the card with each craft!  This months theme .. Earth.  


Each booklet  tells you the messiness factor and how much grownup involvement there is.  
This was messy and I got to help!  WOOHOO  (This box was for me too right?)


We jumped right in....the directions were terrific and easy for us to follow..(pictures too)



 After making our paper...we had to let them dry overnight...I think that was the hardest part of the entire craft.
The great thing about this was getting to experiment with different colors to see which colors we could make.  She ended up making as many pieces of paper she could with all the supplies....this is something we will definitely do again!


 Some of her pieces she made

 My favorite was the yellow color..you can see bits of tiny pieces!

The next craft was  leaf stamping on a recycled bag



Just molded the clay together...pressed the leaf they gave you in the clay......pressed it in the stamp pad and boom....you're good to go

 

Kiwi Crate has definitely found a new customer!  We were sold....

I think it says ages 3-7...but I had a great time and Mini Me (who is 12) had to get her hands dirty helping out too!  This is a keeper!

Want to get in on the action?

Use this code for $10 off after you sign up.  (I think the credit applies after you purchase your first month)


$19.95 a month ....Cancel anytime and shipping is free!    What have you got to lose?

Mother's Day is around the corner...

They just launched a Mother's Day Giveaway on Facebook - called Win the Happiest Mother's Day Ever, and  giving away $1000 to spend at Target, Anthropologie, Lululemon, and Nordstrom

Comments

Popular Posts