The 6 of You ...All at 3 Weeks

Yesterday sweet boy turned 3 weeks....

I thought it would be neat to do a side by side comparison of all 6 kids at 3 weeks of age.

After much searching...(I mean let's face it...I didn't have a digital camera 16 yrs ago) I found my actual photos of the big kids and put the collage together....


5

I can see some similarities between you all......

Then of course I had to do a recent collage too...

now

Sweet Cole ....the past 3 weeks have been truly amazing.  I have said from day 1 that you have been a breeze newbie.  (please don't make me eat my words)

The first day home you were a champ...that first night I slept with you on my chest until I couldn't hold you up anymore and then you slept by my side.....same for night 2....

You have been a terrific eater from the very beginning...(also thanks to the fact that I'm still nursing your big brother Reid...mommy has had a really easy go of it too)

You have some good alert times during the day....and only a few nights so far did you stay up after a middle of the night feeding for 2 hrs. 

Lately you have been falling asleep around 9pm and sleeping 2-3 hrs...eating and pooping and back down again for another 2.....up for a feeding and pooping and back down for  2.  So you are getting me up 3 times a night.  I'm looking forward to a 2 a night feeding schedule.  (funny how that would be a dream sleep for me)

You wake around 6:30-7am  and eat and hang out with the big kids and we wave at them as they leave for school....then you fill your belly and out for a hr or so nap....then up and eating light snooze...eating ..light snooze...eating...light snooze....all this goes on until around noon....then you go down for about 3 hrs. 

This has been a great schedule considering the fact that Dude Friend goes down for a nap at 12:30 and mommy is able to rest or grab lunch for herself.

All this eating and light sleep starts again until 6:30pm ....where I begin to fill your belly for the night

Daddy has taken over bath duty of the 2 little ones at 7pm.  I continue to fill your belly.....(if we... don't you cry)

Now this is where it's funny......during the day...anyone can hold you...except for at 7:30....

At 7:30 I head up to put Reid down for bed....No matter who holds you you scream the entire time I'm gone....Sissy and Daddy try every position of holding you and try a binky....you want nothing of it...

As soon as I'm back down...you quit crying and off you fill your belly (and diaper) until you pass out between 8:45-9

I love this time....because I crawl into bed myself and I'm asleep the second my head hits the pillow

You love love love your bath......(ok the very very first one you didn't)  I think the warm water must feel so soothing....you get your bath in the evening with the bigger kids.

You love looking at faces.....and I don't care what ppl say....you started smiling last week and it's not gas....I have had gas  (hello 6 pregnancies) and gas doesn't make me smile...

It's this huge crooked squished up face that I totally adore....(blurry b/c I didn't know you were going to smile......but you get the idea)

IMG_4242

Again....it's not gas....(a mommy knows) wink

I swear you have coo'd to me a few times....maybe your are just making noises...but it has happened at odd times....when I'm talking to you... you seem to answer.  

You have the sweetest cry too....it's a tiny hoarse cry sound....it's the sweetest sound in the world....
When you do get fussy....you never stay that way for long....you seem to stop and just observe again.

Needless to say you rarely cry and seem content to just be here....thankfully the noise doesn't seem to bother you.....Reid is going through a shrieking  phase and it pierces the brain like it's being pelted with sharp objects.  You nap downstairs with us (in the middle of it all) in the bassinet....and thankfully can sleep through it....

You are still so tiny..wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  Last week at the midwife check up you were still under 9 lbs....I assume after a week you are over that.  

Did mommy mention you are a spit up baby like your other 4 siblings....the only one of you that didn't puke?  Oldest brother Gray!  I'll take you to see Dr Shelton this week  ....she's our wellness Chiropractor.  She smells really good too....I know you'll love her!

I am completely and utterly in love with you.  I look forward to those middle of the night feedings....for you are my last little bundle of joy.  When you nurse at night I rest my finger in your fist....and you hold on tight for dear life....I hope you know that I will always be there to hold on tight to you too when you need it...(and even when you don't)

I'm so lucky to have you!

Comments

Ashley Quarles said…
I love the way you speak of Cole as if he's your first baby. I admire you in so many ways! And all 6 of your babes are so beautiful!!! I think Lily, Reid and Cole definitely look the most alike.

Happy 3 weeks Cole!!
Neely said…
I cant get over how cute they all are! They all look like you IMO :)
Caroline said…
Love this! So sweet!
Meagan said…
I think Reid and Cole like identical! Oh you make me want to have so many babies! I don't know how you do it!
Casey said…
You have such beautiful children!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Don't mind that last comment, dur da dur, haha :D
Aw that is so neat that you did those collages :D You have such cute kids!
Lily Dawn said…
I love the comparison- I wanted to do it to but can not find any decent newborn pics of the twins- so unorganized!

Reid and Cole look so much alike to me- so so adorable!! I am not sure if Hudson is my last but i am the same way with just soaking up every moment- even the late night feedings... newborns- love love love!!!

Popular Posts