Miscellany Monday --- New Baby Smell

Link up over at my best gal blog....Carissa at lowercase letters

one.....New Baby Smell

Who doesn't love the smell of a new house .....new car....or NEW BABY?

Yes we are still alive....I feel grungy at times...and scatterbrained....and well over all like I'm living in some dream world....but....he makes it all worth it...

(birth story to come....gonna take me a bit to compile my thoughts about the whole ordeal....)

In case you missed the news...

"Cole"
Colden Rhett was born!!!

Wednesday August 8th
4:55 am

(they say) 8 lbs 6 oz....but a few hours later the boy weighed 8lbs even....so who knows...(anywho)

19.5" long

and beautifully perfect 

He is a dream baby so far.  Sleeps great at night...and has some alert times during the day.  He DOES follow in his big brother Reid's footsteps...he has a non-stop fit from 7pm-9pm...like nothing soothes him AT ALL.  I thankfully blogged about Reid doing this.....and I wrote at 3 weeks he was still doing it...so it must have gone on a month or so.....other than that I can't complain.

here some photos.....of day 1-4

1

2

1

(what is it about baby hands and ears and heads and cheeks and and and and)

2

two.  big kids

the older kids think he's awesome....it's so neat to hear them say "he is sooo awesome"

Mini Me is enthralled by holding him 24/7 and commenting how tiny he is...they can just stare at him for hours on end like me.

Lily and Reid have been doing quite well too....Lily of course was a no brainer....she loves holding him and kissing him....take a look at this photo...it pretty much sums up her love for him


7

She said ...."Mommy his eyes are open....He loves me"

three.  Dude Friend

Now this is child I was a bit more worried about.  He has the youngest age gap of all my kids...there is 18 months almost to the day between them....the others have exactly 2 yrs 3 months....Reid definitely loves his momma...and is connected to me 24/7 at the hip.  Which you will still find him....I'm learning to hold 2 babies without dropping them.  At times it makes me a bit frustrated...but I'm adjusting and finding ways to 'include' Reid in every aspect...
You'll find him perched next to me laughing while I nurse Cole....you'll find him perched on the counter next to me while I change baby's diaper...You'll find him perched anywhere you can while I have the baby.  
Oh did you remember the tummy bug?  Well Dude is still not 'regular' (if you know what I mean) 

The day after Cole's birth Reid woke up puking and diarrhea ...the vomiting stopped the next day but not the diaper issues...then the next day he puked again....and still dipe issues.  No vomiting yesterday...dipe issue got better....NOTHING today....
But man oh man as a mommy of a newbie I was in a panic....b/c not only did I need to rest (which I NEVER got...) Reid needed me and Cole needed me....yawn

but I did capture a precious moment between new brothers.
Reid likes to look at him sleeping in the bassinet downstairs....he makes the sweetest giggle when we sees "beebee"

3


four.  Me

Well I have yet to have the bed rest like suggested.  What mom of 6 gets to do that?  I laugh when I hear "you need to rest"  ohhhh trust me I know I know...and I did sit....but I would have loved a week off of ALL duties.   (insert sick kid)  Healing great though...(joys of natural drug free birth)  and my midwives have a special place in my heart forever....give me time to write Cole's Special Day.....I am one blessed Momma...

five.  My Mother

she is here for a few weeks....one week down and this one to go.  She has been a MASSIVE help and what she doesn't know?  I'm not letting her go.  A girl needs her momma at times....and I NEED MINE


Comments

Kerbi said…
I love Colden!!He looks just like Reid! Lily is going to be such a good mommy some day!
Gotta love that new baby smell!! Rest never comes for mamas...unless we just completely give out. Hopefully a bit of rest comes your way!

I know what you mean about your mama...I don't know what I'd do without mine so nearby. :)
Dianna said…
I LOVE the pic of Reid looking at Cole and Lily cracks me up! Glad to hear you are doing well!
melifaif said…
Cutie pie!!! I think he looks like you. :) Congrats...
Anonymous said…
Cole is so darn adorable :D That is so sweet that his brothers and sisters think he is awesome! I love the pictures! So sweet!

You should come enter my first ever giveaway: http://walifeandlemons.blogspot.com/2012/08/monday-miscellany-giveaway.html

xoxo
Oh he is PERFECT!!! Looks so much like Lily and Reid!

That picture of Lily is creepy, but hilarious! Haha!

Kristen said…
You need to do a side by side of Reid/Cole they look so much alike (well Lily, too).

That picture of Lily and Cole is hysterical!
Anonymous said…
This post is like CHOCK FULL OF CUTENESS! So much baby fever!!! Your kids are just darling, so sweet to see them lovin' on their new brother. New baby smell IS a precious thing. Glad to hear you are doing well! Looking forward to that birth story.
Tiffany said…
Visiting from Miscelleny Monday! Cole is precious. Congrats!!


~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
Lily Dawn said…
Oh my goodness - he is precious, precious, precious!! I am so happy for you! I know you have to be exhausted! Those pictures with Reid and Lily- holy moly the cuteness :)

I love his name too!! Can you believe we still do not have a name? 14 days and counting- I am miserable and so, so ready to meet this little dude!

And I can not wait to hear about your birth story- I read some of your older posts and I am so envious of the natural birth experience! But no hurry, try to get some rest mama ;)


Popular Posts