I Can't Let It Go.....

Back in 2007....Yes, 2007 an incident happened. Hubs reminded me of this incident yesterday which had me all fighting mad again....(I think he purposely does it to see me all fired up)

Story....

My dear hubby likes to have things in sets of... well a lot. For instance, we have like 3 sets of silverware....so many pillows and towels that you would laugh at. Basically if something we have goes on sale he wants more....His reason is....one day the towels will get worn and we'll have a backup set. When we find something we like we stick w/it.

Well when it comes to plates he's no different. Garden Ridge Pottery was having a 75% off sale on this certain pattern of dishes. No name brand, but matched our theme of stuff....rustic style and some had roosters on them. This collection had a serving platter...pitcher....huge serving bowls...cake stand etc. They were really adorable. So we bought as much as we could....big square dinner plates, small dinner plates, cereal bowls...big round dinner plates and small round dinner plates. I know I know you're thinking why square and round....I agree pick 1...but since the plates came out to $..50 a piece etc why not buy all the set??!!!.....He said he wanted to find 12 pieces of each.

So I set about driving all over town to all the different Garden Ridges hunting the sale racks for this pattern. I finally hit the last store way on the out skirts of town and make a beeline for this collection. I was floored...they had sooo many that I was angry that I didn't try there first......I think I was laughing and jumping up and down w/joy (if only you knew how far I had driven around town the past 4 days only to come up empty handed you would have jumped too) So insert the part which makes me mad......

Picture the scene...chick w/buggy down aisle obviously really happy about some dishes.....(ME) and some customer was next to me asking what all the fuss was about. I told her the quick story of how I had driven all over town looking for these dishes to complete my set. She asked me why I needed so many and I told her why....she made some snide comment about being a waste etc...(not really b/c how many times have you chipped a plate and then didn't have a full set????) I grab a handful of the small square plates and start counting them and placing them in my buggy. I needed 4 more. When I turned around she picked up the last 4 and said "ohhh these will look great on my table."

OK wait a minute....I NEEDED THOSE LAST 4 .......SHE JUST LISTENED TO MY STORY OF HOW I HAVE DRIVEN ALL OVER TOWN TO FIND THESE AND THIS WAS THE LAST OF THEM..

I said something about...."Man I'm still 4 short" so I get on my cell phone and speak loudly to my mother about how I am still 4 plates short so this chick would hear me....

She keeps them and I'm still 4 short. I am a weak weak girl. If I was stronger I would have said

Gosh lady....didn't you just hear me tell my story... don't take those last 4 plates that I need for my collection....do you really need those for ur table?"

But I didn't and she walked away w/them.

Everyday that I open my cabinets and see 8 plates I still get miffed....

Lesson learned.....NEVER SPEAK TO PPL WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING ON SALE AND 2ND DON'T TALK TO PPL IN MESQUITE TEXAS....THEY ARE RUDE! (not you Brandy)

Wow I sound so harsh......but yes I did chip a plate in the last 4 years and I'm down to 7.

I should let this go....I really should....I just might in another 4 years

Comments

LeAnna said…
This made me LOL, but I wouldn't have LOL'd if it would have been me. I would have been irritated. Some people are just mean, you know that? MEAN. Texas people aren't supposed to be mean, she must have been a transplant and not a native. :P Or maybe she was just a bitter and mean woman.
jen said…
That is hilarious. Today it's hilarious. In 2007, I may have just pulled a Black Friday kung fu move on her!
Anna said…
Oh no! So frustrating...lesson learned!
Dianna said…
I hate when things backfire on your like that! I understand still being mad! I am the same way!
Amanda said…
I would definitely still be miffed about it! Especially with the holidays coming up, right? You always need as many extra plates as you can get during the holidays!
Sam said…
I'm laughing now, but I would have been mad as all heck if I were in that situation. What a jerk!
Caroline said…
Ugh! I can't believe she did that. That is so rude!
mountain mama said…
oh...that is SO not right!!!!
Amanda said…
you know she did that to be spiteful because she wasnt even interested until you told her your story...so petty
carissa said…
hahaha. i know this sounds cliche/annoying, but at least you found some. it would've been really frustrating after driving all that way and getting none. and hopefully you somehow won't need those four. maybe God will bless you with four less-chipped plates, so the extras aren't needed. ; )
Kerbi said…
I am the same way about buying towels and china! I'm sorry friend! I would have been so mad that I would have yanked them out of her hand!
Jumping Jack said…
You make me laugh! And, yes there are very rude people in Mesquite TX - especially at Garden Ridge!! They are the worst!
Dana said…
So funny!!! I mean I would have been fuming over it too though. I can't believe she did that!

Popular Posts