Just the 10 + 4 of Us

This weekend we had a BBQ with our neighbors next door. You remember the girl I mention often...we both have 5 kids....had our #4's 3 weeks apart...and #5's are 1 week apart! We joke that we should start planning our 6th baby together. We plan on putting a gate in the fence between our homes to make it easier to walk back and forth! What are the odds you find a friendship like that next door to you? (grins)

We decided to have a 'School is over let's have fun' cookout and take pics of the kids with their momma's. I had it planned in my head....2 long tables with decorations and lots of food. A bucket for drinks and then roast marshmallows to make s'mores. I even thought about getting some yard games to play. The children would be perfect angels and the cookout would be like something you in magazine layouts. (stupid head)

Tara bought a huge tent and set it up in her yard. We thought the babies could sit under it and out of the glorious Texas heat.

NOTHING TURNED OUT LIKE IN MY HEAD.

The flies were horrible. One of us had to stand at the food table and constantly fan the food. The little 2 yr olds thought the ice in the bucket was more fun out of the bucket than in. Kids were running amuck...and my child #2 of all kids refused to get in the pictures. And the pictures we did get...well try to get 10 kids to stand for a picture...ok 9 since Hedgie ruined it! I was beyond angry needless to say. OH and it was H O T. I must have forgot I lived in Texas.

Here are few photos of our cookout...............

I love Lily's expression in this photo....She loved playing near fire (lovely, just lovely)

here in the upper left hand corner you can see my oldest child in the red shirt heading home...he came for food and left. 14 yr old for ya.

Ollie and Lily with corn and juice boxes and hugs

3 of my 5 (love how Lily won't let go of the drink for a photo)

at one time or another each kid had this whip ...whips and children scare me.

We are definitely doing this again...this time no food....just late in the evening with drinks and s'mores! Those were my favorite part. As my Mini Me said "they're called s'mores because you always want Some More haha

Comments

Caroline said…
Love all of the pics! L's face is too funny with the fire. My mom told me when I was little that people who play with fire wet the bed. I don't play with fire.
Great photos of the kids!! I so enjoyed meeting them and now, enjoy seeing them on da blog!!! :) I can't wait to come back and visit!
Neely said…
I love how excited your eldest looks...haha
Kelly L said…
Your comment about your 14 year old cracked me up - I looking forward to my two teens to be human again....lol
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook
Stacie said…
The pictures are so funny, I love Lily's expression when she's near the fire too!
Dana said…
Love the photos! Looks like fun despite that it didn't turn out the way you wanted. But do events with kids ever turn out the way you picture in your head??? :)
Annie said…
aww Laura....it does SOUND like a good idea....maybe next time!?!? :)
Angie said…
I plan things like that is my head all the time. It sounded perfect!! You did get some great pics though :) The comment about whips cracked me up...so funny! I'd have been scared too!
Anonymous said…
Aw, it looked like fun!
Looks like ya'll had tons of fun! I was at Target today and Kraft makes a new kind of jet-puffed marshmallow JUST for Smores'! They are square shaped and flat. You should look for them for your next get together!! Have a great week!

Popular Posts