I'm an Addict


TO CARBS AND ALL SWEETS.

I'm going through withdrawals right now and it totally sucks.

Day 4 no carbs and sweets/sugar

Hubs and I are doing 10 days of the Paleo Diet. Then I'll/we'll slowly add 'good' carbs (if there is such a thing) daily. I've got a plan.

So did I mention day 4. It's the hardest so far. I woke up this morning with the shakes and sweats and felt like I had the flu. I hate that I want them so badly.

Sucks being me since I keep making the kids food. Last night the inlaws came and I made 3 different types of cookies. On the outside I was smiling...the inside I wanted to rip my hair out and jump up on the kitchen island and devour the whole tray like an animal.

Don't get me wrong... I like meat...just not in ♥ with it like my hubs. He could wake and eat steak every morning...me not so much. My brain thinks that's a dinner thing.

So for breakfast I've had 2 scrambled eggs...hot sauce galore and 1/2 cup fresh pico. (Would sound even better w/a corn tortilla huh? I miss my tortillas)

Lunch I'm having grilled fajita chicken strips and 1/2 cup pico and purple cabbage and cucumber salad with s/p and red wine vinegar

Dinner...more freakin meat and cucumbers/purple onion/tomatoes in red wine vinegar.

I'm sooooo over meat I tell ya. I'm trying to keep away from fruits for a few days to keep the sugar of that away to drop the weight.

Thought I'd add 1 pasta/rice/bread/or tortilla a day and 1 fruit. Limit my dessert to 1 day a week.

If I do that I think I won't fail! BUT I AM SICK OF MEAT.

Hubs craves it. Good for you! (sorry I'm a bit of an emotional wreck)

I don't think the kids notice my anger. I smile a lot around them and then tell hubs how I want to rip heads of toys off and eat them with chocolate sauce. He just pets my head.

So bare with me and my emotional posts...

Side note....I've lost 5 lbs in 4 days......only 20 more to go! (shakes fists)

Comments

Neely said…
Proud of you Laura...hang in there!
Lori said…
giving you lots and lots and lots of credit. :) can't wait to hear about the rest of the diet!
Just Brandi said…
PS it DOES get better!
When I was doing it, after the first week I felt AMAZING.
I slept better, I wasn't ever tired. I was just generally a happier person.
YOu will be surprised what eating clean does to your body!
After you go through ketosis (the shakes and sweats and cravings) you will be GOLDEN!
Promise!
Hang in there!!!
Kristen said…
4 days without carbs? You have lasted 3.5 days longer than I would have already :-) Hang in there!
Kerbi said…
SO proud of you! I'm not sure I could go more than a day!
The Herd said…
Hang in there...sounds like some of your "reactions" are yeast die off symptoms...you will make it!! We did yeast free for 6 weeks a year ago...hubby did it with me--it was hard!!!!
Amber said…
Wow, you're a trooper! You can do it!
Stef said…
That's amazing!! Good for you! I would go crazy. I love that he just pats your head. I always tell Hubs that I need his help and he just says, "It's something you have to do yourself." Oh shut up!!!

And you are an amazing dil to be cooking cookies and not being able to eat them. Wowza!!

Popular Posts