Miscellany Monday...6 at 6

one.  6 at 6

I like taking the kids photos and comparing them as Cole's months go by...here is a pic of the gang at 6 months



two.  menu monday

whatcha eating this week?  If you follow me on Pinterest then most of these were pinned or come from my blog recipe tab. 


Last week on my menu we had the Italian Chicken from Pinterest...we made it and WOWOWOWOW...IT KNOCKED OUR SOCKS OFF
Next time I will take a head of garlic and roast it in the oven first and break the cloves up and use those with the artichokes.  I will also use marinated artichokes next time...other than that BAM!

Here's my photo of our dish....

 recipe here


three.  ABC's

Now that miss Thang knows her ABC's...we are moving on to phonetics.  I saw Sasha over at Lemonade Makin Mama  talking about these and I knew Lily had to have them. 

These totally adorable quilted letters come from the sweet Kearsie over at Sounds Like Tomatoes
super sweet momma and talented too.  Her blog made me laugh so hard...I knew she was soooo gonna be my friend.  You should stop by and tell her hi!

four.  baby showers

One of the teachers from the kids old school asked if I could make some cookies for a baby shower she was throwing...any excuse to make cookies is ok by me...

I love baking and I love decorating cookies....I realized I need some sort of 10 shelf stacking unit thingy b/c my kitchen can't hold tons of cookies and STILL HAVE MY 6 KIDS NOT TOUCH them...



five.  my kids on kids

The other morning oldest child and I were chatting in the kitchen before he left for school.  I was busy changing diapers...filling sippy cups...dressing the babies....cleaning messes....listening to whining babies b/c I can't move at lightening speed ...etc.    He said...man...you've only been up for about 30 mins and you can't even get a break.   Yep...

Then the topic turned to grandkids....

oldest:     you know if each of us have 2 kids you'll have 12 grandkids
me:         and think if some of you have 4 or even 6 kids...I'll have a ton
oldest:    I don't think that is likely
me:        why not? i have 6 and i love it
oldest:   yeah, but I have a feeling you didn't know what you were doing

hahahahahaha

six.  my Lily flower


My 3 favorite flowers?  Gerber Daisies, Shasta Daisies, and Stargazer Lilies
Seems only appropriate one of my children would be named after a flower...Hubs wouldn't let me have a double flower child (hee hee)

Love my lil Lily Flower

Comments

Dianna said…
I love the comparisons! Too cute! I also love the quilted letters! I am going to see if my grandmother will make some for Cooper!
i am pam said…
cute collage of the 6 monthers! very cute idea. and i love the cookies!
Oh, Laura, so nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by. And, might I say, you must be Super Woman for sure. I mean, 6 kiddos and have time for baking such adorable cookies and blogging. Hats off to you!

Love your blog and will definitely be back. Blessings for this week!
carissa said…
it is uncanny how much your babes look alike. amazing really! and it is always precious to hear you say you want more. i love you for that. you are such a sweet mama. xo!
Dianna said…
I shared a pic of yours with the letters on my blog today!

Popular Posts