1st Valentine's Day...Sweets for My Sweets

Sweet boy has a fever in this picture...can you tell?  He's always such a trooper.  His sissy and brother had runny noses....and I guess being little his runny nose hit him harder.  

Being 6th child usually means you get forgotten in the photo department....but honestly thanks to Pinterest I am rocking in the photo ideas haha

Cole is the only child to  not only have the 'monthly' photos, but a bunch of 1st photos  (ok I forgot halloween because the idea came to me at Thanksgiving)

 
Those are those cute quilted letters I had Kearsie make (see Monday's post)

Yesterday amid all the fevers and runny noses and fussy people (ok that last one might have been me)
I realized I didn't have Valentine's for my sweeties

So I did what any other mother does!  I whipped up a batch of Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies and then stayed up after the kids went to bed decorating.



And a Special one for my Honey!  

I guess you should know by now I love baking cookies?  

This was the first time I tried this recipe...hubs grabbed one hot from the oven last night and smeared it with Nutella...I had a nibble...ohhh man!

I got the recipe from Bridget over at Bake at 350.

It's actually her recipe from her cookbook...couldn't find it on her blog.

Comments

Dianna said…
Love the picture of Cole with the letters! And love the cookies!
Caroline said…
Happy Valentines to you and your beautiful family!
Heather said…
Love seeing our pictures of Cole. And those cookies look scrumptious!
Heather said…
Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Popular Posts