Firecracker Ice Pops


I've made these 2 days in a row....I'm about to go for three. They are that good.

The kids have gone gaga over them and I think I need to suck it up and invest in some better ice molds for double and triple batches.

Here is the recipe...I will show what I did to alter in red

Firecracker Ice Pops

1 1/2 cups of strawberries + 1tbs sugar pureed

1 1/2 cups of blueberries + 1 tbs sugar pureed

1 1/4 cup plain yogurt + 2 tbs sugar mixed

Layer in ice pop molds and then swirl with a knife in an up and down motion. Freeze for at least 3 hrs.

I did a mixed berry frozen bag. (thawed) and pureed that instead of the fresh. Fantastic.

We're only on day 2 of summer break and it feels like 2 months. The fighting is insane over teeny tiny stuff (yesterday it was who got a roll of paper towels down and knocked the rest to the floor)

I have turned into the 'mean' mom because I am making the kids do chores...ie unload dishes or take out the trash or do their own laundry or make their own lunch.

For some reason they think they can eat in the living room or game room. HELLO WE'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT. And when I stare at them like they are aliens from outer space and wonder who changed my child's brain with said aliens.....they get mad at me. Just because it's summer doesn't mean all my rules go out the window.

It's gonna be a long summer.

On a bright note....Pine Cove is in a few weeks. I am getting together their care packages now. Hubs bought some Astronaut Ice Cream the other day when he was running errands. The boys LOVED it. (mini me not so much) So I ordered tons of packages to send in the boys care package. I'm gonna have Mini Me's little girl friends write some letters w/pictures and I'll add those to some weekly mail. I wish I was a kid again! This camp rocks!!!

Comments

These look awesome! I'm thinking I'm going to have to make some for me! :)
LeAnna said…
Those look soooo good. I have all the stuffs for 'em too. Thanks for sharing, hope you don't go tooo insane!
Kristen said…
Yumm...guess who's stopping at the store to pick up some blueberries ASAP so she can make some tonight?!
Amber said…
Looks SO yummy! You're so creative ;)
These look great! I will be making these soon enough!!! Xo
Caroline said…
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neely said…
How long do they go to camp for? Im sure you are pumped :)
mountain mama said…
yum!

maybe the kids will learn to get along...sometimes there's no other option! :)
Angie said…
I am so excited...I'm gonna try to make these tomorrow! YUm!
Anonymous said…
Yummm!!!

Popular Posts