5 to 2 Kids

My 3 big kids are off to camp for the week. I felt like such a freak packing their trunks. I probably went overboard...and I even put a check list taped to the inside top of the trunk of all the items inside so they can keep track of things. (not in the oldest's trunk)

You see....child #2 and 3 are soooooooooooooo not like me. They could show up with shorts and come home w/pants. I seriously don't know what I will do with them. The oldest child is meticulous about his things. I never have to worry about what he takes....he will always bring it home.

I sent care packages....#1 and 2 got their favorite Breakfast Cookies and Astronaut Ice Cream.

Hubs brought some home the other day and it's weird and yummy at the same time. So I ran off to order more for the kids surprise camp package.

Mine Me got pop rock candy and some other stuff I forgot what....and yes the standard....I miss you sooooo much......letters inside.

I'd say the house has been quiet...but you remember Lily right? I'd like to say the oldest kids are messy (just their rooms), but it's all Lily.

I miss the fighting...the "I'm bored"....the "take me to the pool"....the "can we see a movie" ....the GNI with mini me....I miss seeing their bright faces....I miss my babies. (I also miss my little slaves that help me with some housework)

I can already tell I'm gonna suck at the empty nest syndrome...and I've got years before that happens!

For those wanting to make the marshmallows....go for it....we even made s'mores inside! Yes, I sampled and they were fantastic. Nothing better than a homemade fresh ...not plastic taste fluff!

As for my no/lo carb. 10 lbs as of today. I ate a heavy dose (we had mexican food for Father's Day) and probably more carbs than I should have yesterday....guess what I noticed? Dude Friend started with his puking again. Made me realize that since doing this no/lo carb he barely puked. So I'm guessing carbs are hard on him and I have no choice now but to keep doing what I'm doing. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

The Farm-Marm said…
# 4 is at Scout Camp this week! # 3 is leaving for our church girl's camp in a couple of weeks. #2 is going to be leaving for a TWO YEAR mission in August! AAAAAAAAAAAAH! I can't believe he'll be gone! #4 will be my lil man around the house now when Hubs is gone to work! Yikes! When did they grow up?! I think they sell that ice cream stuff in the camping aisle at walmart. It might not be exactly the same but it's the same type of stuff- dehydrated ice cream. Enjoy the semi-quietude!
Maybe it wasn't the carbs bubs was puking...maybe it was the spicy-ness of the food? Some have issues with that. I can't say that any of mine did, I craved mexican food sumthin' fierce! when I was pregnant! In fact #4 would eat salsa from the bowl at the restaurant with a spoon. Yeah, I was THAT mom! HaHa! Grown men would tell the owners that the salsa was too hot, they would then tell them that there was a baby that comes in and eats it from the bowl!
Anna said…
What a great encouragement if it bothers the little guy! Congrats on 10#s that is awesome!!
Amber said…
You are seriously the most FUN mom ever! :) Astronaut ice cream? I've gotta research this.. sounds awesome!
Lori said…
oh i love astronaut ice cream! i hope you have a great summer even though your kiddos are at camp :( I don't want to thik of the day...
mountain mama said…
oh, your much braver than i...not sure our kids will ever go to spend the night camp!

i know you will miss them!
Lily Dawn said…
homemade marshmallows... oh my word. yum! hehe, you are an awesome mama- I can't imagine sending the boys to camp, although I am sure they would love it! I'll probably be a mess with an empty nest- but I do look forward to spoiling grandchildren! :)
Neely said…
You are such a sweet momma!

Popular Posts