More on the Saga of Lilyhood....Injury

(in her hard splint)

Yep you read that right...INJURY....

Thursday Lily decided to sit next to momma on the bar stools...she's been climbing up and down them for ages....but she usually climbs down them. Well on this afternoon she decided to jump down. Didn't go to well....

I saw her fall and she hit the ground with both hands and knees....I picked up her and loved on her and after she finished crying I took a look at her arms....they seemed fine...I pushed on her wrist (I'm thinking hurt wrist) and pushed on it and pressed...seemed ok. (because that PHD in me told me so...NOT) ...well Friday she would hold her hand and say hurt.....I didn't see anything and she was using it so I thought maybe sprained wrist....she kept jumping off stuff so I assumed fine (you know what assuming does?!)

Saturday I noticed when she followed me upstairs she didn't use her arm. I looked at her forearm it looked swollen...

ENTER PANIC

FRANTIC MOM RUNNING DOWNSTAIRS SCREAMING FOR HUBS...yep...it looked swollen to him....

ENTER HORRIBLE MOM GUILT

so off to the ER we go...only to confirm a broken arm....actually an Ulnar Fracture...not a crack like some have but a tiny imperfection on the bone...I could barely see it...but they said it needs to be in a cast b/c it's considered broken. Of course they don't cast there...so into a temp splint she went.

Chaos happened...this child doesn't like anyone but momma holding her...nor does she like ppl putting things on her....she was fighting like a wild cat. She only tried a few times to rip it off and then I think was worn out from fighting. Bless her!

Deep sigh!

Get this...she is still trying to leap off of things....this child will be death of me.

After making several phone calls to dr's to fit us in today for a cast...WEDNESDAY is the earliest we can get in. UGH

Anyone have any cast FYI for kids that I should be aware of? I'm already having issues with getting shirts on her. After all it is winter and I can't really start cutting all her new clothes....she doesn't get handme downs like the other kids....I did go out yesterday and buy some cheap dollar shirts so I could cut those and not worry! The splint is pretty thick so I'm assuming the cast will be about the same!

SO there you have more Lily stories! She has perfect timing in the 'worry momma b/c she doesn't have anything else to worry about since the new baby comes in 8 weeks and the christmas holidays are around the corner' department!

TOP IT OFF.....

2nd child comes to me at 7pm last night that he has a paper due on monday...(today) it's a 200 pt double test grade. I ABOUT BLEW A FUSE....I should have let him sink, but this is middle school and his first year and after the earful I gave him about how this isn't elementary anymore....you do this again and you will fail b/c mommy won't help you....I THINK HE GOT THE MESSAGE.

What makes it soooo stink irritating....(ok add to the fact that the topic was Latin American Oil Industry) but Lily of all times chose to go to bed at exactly 9pm. WHICH IS HUGE...USUALLY IT'S AFTER 10! Do you know how much I needed that sit down and rest my weary belly and back moment? Needless to say we didn't go to bed until after 11:30....sniff sniff....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is a new day right?


Comments

Poor thing!! You must be tired!!

Get Lily a HOT PINK cast!! :)
Caroline said…
Oh my!!! Hope today is better! And I agree with Aly...get Lily a HOT Pink cast!
for the record...HECK YEAH WE ARE GETTING A PINK ONE....well hopefully haha
melifaif said…
Yep, new day. New issues. Sorry mom. But, you know how it is. Good luck.
Tiffany said…
Poor baby! ...and Lily too ;)

I can't imagine how stressful that must have been. I don't know anything about casts, but it would be fun if she could get a cute color!
Jumping Jack said…
OMG girl! Never a dull moment in your house! Hope Lily's arm heals quickly.
Neely said…
Oh gosh poor Lily and Poor Laura! Let me know if you need some help!
The Regal Pup said…
I'm sorry to hear about her little fall! Don't worry about having that mommy guilt. I think all of us at one time or another do, and will. Hugs!
jen said…
If this makes you feel any better.
Our friend's oldest daughter hurt her leg on the tramp. They kept minimizing it for over a week. She was 5 at the time. Finally, Dad said, "You have to walk on it, or you're not going to this birthday party." She wouldn't go. They x-rayed. It was broken.
The irony? He's our family friend.
He's also our family doctor.
Feel any better?
Shannon said…
When you texted me about this I almost fell over! I felt so bad for y'all! I've made it 31 years with no broken bones, I hope GG is able to be so lucky! Sorry about L...hope she's better and back to 100% in no time! She looks happy though like she's not missing a beat!

And yes, that mom guilt...such a horrible little thing! Chin up deary!

Love ya!
:( Poor mama and baby. That's just bad all around. But you're right. Today is a new day. Here's hoping it's a better one with no injuries.
Angie said…
Awww...I am so sorry. I hope she gets pink casted very soon!
I hope sweet Lily gets to feeling better!! That just hurts my heart that sweet little girl is in a cast! She sounds like quite a trooper though!! Make sure to get a color cast that matches most of her outfits :)

Have a great week and I hope you get a little break for some YOU time!!!
Stef said…
Dont' be too hard on yourself about not knowing her arm was broken. I had two of those this summer within a month of each other and didn't realize they were broken until 2 days later. Poor kids.
Not fair. So not fair. I am so in your corner. Maybe you will get a nap??? Make your son cook dinner tomorrow so that you can get the sleep you missed on account of him. That's fair!
Sorry to hear about your little darlings break. Sending you a big hug today. You are an amazing mommy. The same thing happened to my little nephew. We only noticed the next day. They are so resilient though. Just look at her bounce back already.
carissa said…
goodness mama, you've got your hands full! poor lily! lets hope yesterday was better and today is fabulous. she's so cute... even with a broken arm. hope the cast goes well. - prayers for you!
New Mommy!!! said…
OMG!! I can;t beleive this happened!! Saddest picture ever! My poor little Lils, yes, I said My! I love that little one liek she was my own! My heart is breaking for her. What a nightmare! Oh my gosh! I can't believe you didn't find out till later, Ahhh! I would freak! How were you to know. I can't believe that it didn;t swell or bruise or anything right away. Don;t bones bruise or swell when they are broken or sprained? Unbelievable! And then, they can't get you in till Wed, what the?? Seriously! Ugh! Poor little pumpkin. I know, Nik always wans to sit on our stools too, and it scares the beejeezes out of me! WE don't usually let her, but sometimes she tries to climb them, which is a nightmare!

Ugh, don;t talk about school papers. Just the thoguht of it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to think about that. I t feels like I just did all that myself, and I'm 30. What a boring topic. Ugh. He told you late bc he put it off and didn't want to think about it, I did that too I think a few times when I was younger. You ahev to help at that stage.

You're Super Mom!
Poor Lily! :( I hope that the casting stuff goes okay today!

I remember telling my mom that I had a project due and she ask when and it would be 10 pm and I would tell her it was due the next day. :/ Multiply that by 5 kids doing it to her-yeah not a happy mom. So I feel for you!

Popular Posts