"It Goes A Little Something Like This...."

No No I'm not singing the Fresh Beat Band song...(ok I was...but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about....when I choose to cut back on bad foods to eat better....I eat the bad foods. My excuse right now? Reid wanted it!

So I swore that Tuesday would be the day I cut out the junk and get busy to maintain the preg weight gain. What do I do? I had Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich yesterday and I just polished off 3 (ok it was really 4) of those Hostess powdered donnettes as I'm typing....

I should have a big L stamped on my head.....but as of right now I'm ok with it! Then again... ask me later!

Tonight is the Big tree lighting in our downtown courthouse area. We took the kids back in 07 and I

1. swore we would do it every year. 2. swore we'd never do it again.

Parking was chaos....the kids were wild.....and it was cold and a bit boring. haha. But I wanted to do it every year as a tradition for us in our new town. Well ....enter Lily. Do I really want to do this? I mean really? I can't even go into Target w/o a meltdown....Imagine down there? I don't know if I'm 31 weeks pregnant ready for that!

One thing I forgot to add to the ever growing List of Lily....

we have the screaming "Help" in a store when she's mad....or the "I suck" (which again no idea....and nope it's not stuck...she said it on the couch last night when she was mad at us)

When she wants something opened....ie pantry...fridge....purse...TRYING TO UNSTRAP HERSELF IN HER CARSEAT.....anything she ISN'T supposed to be doing...she yells

GIDDY UP....it totally cracks me up! This morning she wanted back in the fridge just to look around...ummmm no dear! So she is literally hanging from both handles ..feet off the floor of the door screaming

"GIDDY UP GIDDY UP"

I tried to snap a picture of her in the middle of a tantrum...but the minute she saw the camera she settled....maybe that's what I do ...start taking pics of the meltdown!

Need a really good Salad Dressing....made this again for Thanksgiving! Yummmy

Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette!

See it all comes back to food!!! (wink)

Comments

Kristen said…
Ha ha ~ Giddy up! That is too sweet AND I am guessing it will haunt her her whole life that she said it as a wee one (it would in my family anyways!)
Ashley said…
I am laughing out loud at your Lily stories! The I suck and Giddy up is hilarious!
Caroline said…
Sounds like the camera might be your new best friend. That salad dressing sounds so yummy!!!
Shannon said…
That Lily is hilarious! Giddy up?? Where does she get this stuff?! Hard to be the disciplinarian when you're cracking up huh?

Wish you would've gotten a picture of that, but I'm thinking my mental image is good enough!

And for the love of fudge, Do not worry about your weight, please! You will lose it once baby Reid is here. Just enjoy it for now. The last thing any pregnant momma should do is spend anytime worrying about weight gain. If Reid wants a donut or chicken sammie, give it to the boy...

For now just enjoy and don't stress! You look great!
Mama B said…
OMG, your Lily stories crack. me. up. I'm sorry, I know it's probably torture for you when she's in the middle of one of her meltdowns (esp. in the middle of a store!), but your stories afterwards are hilarious. You are one STRONG mama! I don't know how you do it! ;)
Mama B said…
Oh yeah! And don't worry, you're not alone in the 'eating-like-crap-for-baby' department. I've been shoving down candy bars and donuts (preferable pumpkin ones from Dunkin Donuts) like it's my JOB lately...hence why I gained almost 10 lbs in one month! Eeek!

It's all for the baby, though. Just keep telling yourself that...that's what I do, at least. ;)
I need to have a talk with this little Lily! She is causing you so much unnecessary work!!!!!
New Mommy!!! said…
I want to go! That sounds Fabulous! We dont; ahve anything like that here, though I can see how it gets difficult to go every year! That Lils is a handful, that's for sure, but that's what's so great about her! I can just see her doing that, ha! That is hilarious! I know, you wish you had a camera attached to your body at all times, ready to fire away at a moments notice. It would be nice if you could print a mental picture, right?

Giddy Up, hilarious. Where does she come up with them. Nik is the same way.

Dont; worry about the diet! I struggled with dieting, etc for many years. And let me tell you, the more you restrict yourself, mentally the more you will fail. It's a mental thing, and a survival instinct. Don;t deprive yourself, and you;ll do so much better. Just be aware of when your eating, how much, and why. A few mini doughnets is okay, but if you start feeling shameful and like your day is ruined, it will soon become the whole bag! Or a whole bag of somethign else. Eat when youl;re hungry, stop when your full, everythign in moderation, and don;t deprive! That's my moto!
You look great! Relax! Enjoy the only time you can eat a little more and not feel as guilty.

Love.
I'm thinking maybe one of the reasons Lily has been lovingly placed in your life is so that some of us other mommy's of precious little "lilykins" look alikes can see the light hearted side of parenting! Ok - mine don't yell they suck, but one of mine has been known to scream - "don't hurt me!!!!!!!!!" in shopping centres! Oh my word! Seriously embarrassing moment! That when all I was trying to do was hold onto her in the middle of a giant tantrum. Ahhh the joys of parenting!
I too am thinking that the camera holds some wonderful super powers!
Jumping Jack said…
I love your Lily stories! You have me laughing out loud again! I can just imagine her hanging from the fridge yelling "giddy up!"

Don't worry about the weight or those donuts for that matter! It'll come off after Reid gets here. You'll be one busy mama! Oh an I love those Spicy Chicken Sandwiches! I haven't had one in FOREVER! YUMMY!
You've got your hands full, for sure. But at least she doesn't poo and pee everywhere. :) You know, like on you.
The Regal Pup said…
I wonder if we live in the same town - our town's tree lighting is also tonight at the courthouse. LOL

Lily is too much - love it!
Annie said…
Ohhh Lily....that little girl just cracks me up!! She is so full of it...I love it :)
Stef said…
Haha. That is great. Nothing like a camera to calm down a screaming child. That is unless you are trying to take a family picture and then it is the exact opposite. Good luck!!
carissa said…
when i'm pregnant all i think about is food. the two go hand in hand. it's tough! after all, you are growing a human!!!

i'm not looking forward to the terrible two's. : ) at least they're so completely CUTE!
Giddy up! HAHA, I swear you must never have a dull moment in life with your kids around :)

As far as the junk food, I can totally relate. I do it for the baby too. Too bad that after the baby is born I will be huge and wishing I didn't eat all the junk food. Oh well at least we are enjoying our pregnancies :)
Shannon said…
Just thought of this...it was a great day, it was a super day...to spend some time together...

Haha Fresh Beats! GG love's em'! Bret thinks they're creepy.

Hugs!
mountain mama said…
i learned long ago to never say never. just wish i would remember it! :D
Lboy likes to play in the fridge too! Whenever I'm cooking supper and get stuff out of the fridge he will go stand inside the door or sit down in there. I hope he never figures out how to open the fridge while he's still interested in playing in it!

Popular Posts