Sweet Tooth Strikes Again

Before I get into the sweets....(deep sigh)

I should say I am 1 week from my 40 to 40. 

Will I make my goal?  Probably not....but I will come close.  As of today I am 7 lbs away from hitting my mark.

I am still impressed that I made it this far.  When I made my goal I didn't think I would even lose 10 lbs....

I am soooo close to wearing all the clothes in my closet....(hello clothes that are not black)  I can get them up and button, but they look super tight. 

I'm in my toning phase now!!

Ok so enough about my 40th coming up (cake cake cake)

ON TO THE SWEETS

A few weeks ago I pinned some Pink Treats ....pink is my favorite color and I was looking for things to bake/make for my birthday with the family.  I mean hello?  I can't ever make just one around here now can I??!!

I found this Tiffany Blue icing Pink Cake one to make....then I found some Pink Cherry Fudge
and some Pink Cherry Rice Crispies too!

Last night I had to try the Pink Cherry Fudge

I changed the name...to Dark Chocolate Cherry Fluff  (I don't get the fudge analogy)



I think I like how my teen daughter described it.  It was like eating a cherry cloud of heaven.  She even went on to describe the cherries were like sweet candies and when you bit into one it burst sweet goodness in your mouth. 

I ended up giving half of it to the inlaws last night ....so I will surprise said teen with a new batch when she gets home from school today

The only thing different I did for the recipe?  I didn't use 2.5 cups of white choc chips (the bag evidently only holds 2 cups) and I used a 11x7 pan and not a 9" square pan.  People in the reviews complained of the dark choc cracking when they cut into it.  Well it did a bit, but who cares you are going to eat it anyways.   When you stir your cherries in do it quick...the mixture starts to harden quick...recipe says 1/2 cup...I think I might add a bit more or sprinkle some on top before I pour the dark chocolate

Thanks Shugary Sweets for this treat
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cup white chocolate
  • 7oz jar Fluff (marshmallow cream)
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • pinch salt
  • 1 Tbsp cherry flavored gelatin
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 10oz dark chocolate, melted
 
Instructions
  1. In large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, cream and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, set timer for 5 minutes and add in cherry gelatin.
  2. After 5 minutes remove from heat. In mixing bowl, add white chocolate and marshmallow cream. Pour hot mixture over this and beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy (and all chocolate is melted. Fold in dried cherries.
  3. Pour in a parchment paper lined 9inch square pan. Pour melted dark chocolate over cherry fudge and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!

But I didn't just stop at this dessert.  I saw a Pillsbury dessert that caught my eye.  The crust was made using Cinnamon Rolls.  I was intrigued.  I read all the reviews and took to heart some of the ideas and when complete I had a dessert that was amazing.  In fact the family said "Oh man this is a keeper...you should have made 2"



Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie  (my changes in red)

Ingredients

Crumb Topping

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened

Crust

1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing

Filling

6 medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced (4 apples)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons apple pie spice
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Steps

  •   Heat oven to 375°F. (reduce to 350') In medium bowl, mix Crumb Topping ingredients with fork until large clumps form. Refrigerate. Spoon icing from can of rolls into small microwavable bowl; cover and refrigerate.
  •   Lightly flour rolling pin and work surface or cutting board. Separate dough into 8 rolls. With rolling pin, roll each cinnamon roll, cinnamon side up, into 4- to 5-inch round.
  •   In ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, place 1 dough round in center. Arrange remaining 7 dough rounds around center round and up side of plate, overlapping slightly as necessary. With fingers, press dough to seal together in bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust. Flute edge. (I didn't flute..it didn't come up that far on the sides)
  •   In large bowl, gently mix Filling ingredients. Spoon filling into cinnamon roll-lined pie plate. Sprinkle crumb topping over top to completely cover filling.
  •   Bake about 1 hour or until top is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour.  (after 20 mins I covered edges with foil)
  •   Before serving, microwave icing on High 10 to 15 seconds or until runny enough to drizzle. Drizzle back and forth over top of pie.

Comments

Popular Posts