Lordy Lordy Look Who's.....

Yes I'll say it

40

I hit the age only my parents could ever be. 

I mean wasn't it just yesterday I was in 8th grade and we were throwing my mom ....MY MOM her 40th.

Not me

I mean surely not me?  I'm what 26?  I must be because I feel it

Back to reality

I had my whole 40 to 40 mission going on and while I didn't hit my goal of 40 I came dern close
34 lbs ....

So I lost a little toddler huh?

My Birthday was the 11th and I think I scored in the presents department.  I got more dresses than a Princess going to the Ball!  I was pampered galore and even got 2 dates out of it

Here's me and my oldest girl on my day!!!! (one of the 6 dresses...yes 6.  I mean I did turn 40 after all)
Date 1 was at Tru Fire.  Best hummus and fried hummus I've had in a long while!


My mom came into town and gave us date #2....Kenny's Burger Joint.  If you live in our area you must go...  Fantastic Burgers....Great date...great food
Nothing like getting time away from the kids!!

Next date I went for my white eyelet and brown scrunchy boots and denim jacket.  Feels good to be a girl again in pretty things!

I ended up making 2 cakes.  A brownie bottom cake and my all time favorite 10 years straight  Triple Decker Strawberry Cake from Southern Living

I was really dreading the whole turning 40 thing...but it honestly doesn't feel any different than when I turned 30.   I guess we associate 40 with old age and truly I feel younger than I did 20 years ago!  (ok maybe not 20)



Comments

Dianna said…
Congratulations on your transformation! And happy 40th! I would love to hear what your workout plan will be now going forward. Also would love to see the final before and after shots.
Michaela Anne said…
I tell myself "its just a number" all the time, even at 42! Welcome to the club! You look awesome!!
Looking great! That was a good goal and darn it you came real close! Don't stop now! I want to loose 30lb by 30...
jen said…
I am so proud of you! 34 pounds. Wow! Lookin good, Mama Bear!

Popular Posts