Where I Been? Food Stuffs....

A friend sent me a message the other day asking if I was ok? 
I've been silent in bloggy world...and no nothing is wrong...can you just say busy!?

Thanksgiving is at our house again.  I like it that way...with 6 kids and 3 of which destroy things.... I can't bring myself to go to someone's house and basically shadow a kid all day.  So instead I have it here.  Not all bad...I get some good deep cleaning in

Today I'm all about prepping and cooking all the food....2 pies today...thankfully my mother is bringing 2
I'm also making this pink dessert I used to have as a little girl.  I think I am the only one that enjoys it.  It's pink and fluffy...what is not to like?


Also I've been freezing trays of this....


for a Sparkling Ginger Raspberry Lemonade I found in December's Issue of Paula Deen.  (think I need to quadruple this bad boy)

4 cups Raspberry Lemonade
2 cups Ginger Ale
2 cups white grape juice

serve with the ice.. (white grape juice with a raspberry)

I also made a few million batches of Pecan Turtles this past week.
I had about 3 different recipes and finally came to the conclusion that this one is by far the easiest (esp when making about 70 of them)



Preheat oven to 300'
Here is what I found the easiest.  Line a pan with parchment paper and line your pecan halves anyway you like.  Then place a caramel square in the center.
Bake for about 10 mins.  The caramel won't be fully melted...you will need to 'smush' around with the back of a spoon
Let cool a bit
Make your chocolate.  I made 2 different batches. (basically what I had on hand)  first chocolate I melted was a combo of Chocolate Almond Bark and Semi Sweet Baker's Chocolate.  Another batch was Ghirardelli Chocolate chips with 1tbs of shortening per cup of chocolate.
After caramel has cooled a bit spoon your chocolate on
EAT
I'm also making some peanut brittle today...Everyone needs a  little sweets to snack on before during and after a huge meal right?

I'm cheating on meat this year.  I got a smoked turkey, pecan honey glazed spiral ham and 10lbs of smoked brisket from the most incredible BBQ joint in Frisco.  3 Stacks Smoke and Tap House.  Why not make life easy?!!!

I'll end this post on a cute note...
Thankfully the weather got coooooold here and my sweet 2 yr old got his Scottish/Irish side out...he's so adorable it hurts!


Happy Turkey day to all...




Comments

Jennifer said…
We have that salad at our Thanksgiving and Christmas too. We just call it Pink Stuff. I always thought it was a family recipe, so imagine my surprise when I started dating my now husband and his family has it at their holiday celebrations too! Not so much of a family secret recipe!

Popular Posts