Testimony Time

I haven't talked lately about my love of oils.....but sometimes talking just doesn't do them justice.

You need to experience or read testimonies about them.

I thought I would share a few with you.....

Oily Testimony: "Mom I need Oils"


 
I love how my kids have experienced how incredible oils are.

Monday Mini Me was feeling yucky before bed (she's 12).....she had a cough and stuffy nose and felt, well yucky. I gave her a capsule of Thieves and Oregano and rubbed RC (diluted with coconut oil) on her chest and feet. The next morning she still felt a bit yucky so we agreed she would stay home to diffuse and oil all day long
Pretty much every 1-2 hrs we would oil her up. 4 times yesterday she took a capsule of 5 drops Thieves and 3 drops Oregano. Drank Lemon water all day. We rubbed Thieves on her feet and RC and Raven (well we rotated...if we put raven on her feet we used RC the next time)
We also rubbed RC or Raven (rotated the one we didn't put on the feet) and Thieves on her chest and neck area and up behind her ears and spine.
We diffused RC and Raven rotating them and she sat near it most of the day breathing in the air.
For super tough stuffy nose she would put a drop of peppermint on her tongue and breathe in deep through her nose...and would also put a drop on her palm and cup her hands and breathe in
Then she would rub a drop of Lavender on her on the bridge of her nose and around her nose...and then rub around opening of each nostril. Her nose would open right up.

By this morning she was a whole lot better...her cough is now clearing out, no sore throat and doesn't feel yucky.

I love hearing her say "Man I love these oils...If only everyone could see how they work"
Me too honey!!!

I love that I am giving my children a healthy way of treating a stuffy nose and cough without OTC stuff with nasty side effects.
I Plants! 


Oily Testimony: Geranium and Frankincense



So with 6 kids I'm always in a hurry....Always. I walk fast and I talk fast. (just ask my hubs)
With 8 of us I'm constantly unloading and loading the dishes....I usually have to do a load while we eat...unload and load dinner in and wash again. Tonight the littles were in full force and I was trying to go super fast unloading before they came over to "help" mommy unload. Never a good thing
So I reach in and grab a knife and it's wedged I guess and as I'm pulling it out it stays and slices my finger. Y'OUCH. I grab a paper towel and keep unloading...and then it dawns on me
I got GERANIUM finally in this months order.


a few uses for Geranium:
Geranium Oil is a great antiseptic. It protects open wounds and cuts from infection. It also enables speedy healing
It is useful in clotting blood. It contracts the blood vessels and speeds up clotting. It also controls excessive bleeding
It is an effective astringent. An astringent ensures that the tissues contract and tighten

So off I ran for my bottle and added drop right on it.
After 3 mins I noticed it stopped bleeding and I felt a tingly good sensation. Then I added a drop of frankincense to it (Frankincense oil has antiseptic & disinfectant properties. It's also great for skin and healing and scars)

I love the power of oils!! Not only did it stop bleeding and seal the skin...it didn't sting anymore.

I will definitely keep Geranium in my Oily Cupboard from now on


Oily Testimony: I've Got An Oil For That Nasty Thang

Oily Testimony: The great thing about oils? There is more than 1 that can work for something. Take for example this ANNOYING Plantars Wart I noticed on the bottom of my foot back in June. I read that ppl had tried Thieves or Frankincense on them with great success. I tried those twice a day and 4 weeks later NOTHING. I also read that Oregano was terrific at those pesky warts. I tried again 2-3 times a day for 4 weeks and NOTHING. I was at my wits end. Next I read people had success with Lemon Oil. Again I tried daily and nothing. Then I tried Purification, Lemongrass, and Clove. I was willing to try it all.
BUT STILL NOTHING

October's ER Promo Oils (the ones you can earn free) were Cinnamon Bark and Myrrh.
I wanted to read up on what each oil can help with after I got mine in the mail.
Lo and Behold Cinnamon Bark was good for Plantar Warts. Well it's worth a shot I thought.

LESS THAN 1 WEEK LATER OF APPLYING 2-3 TIMES A DAY IT IS DISAPPEARING.

You know how acetaminophen might work for you but not me? And the same for ibuprofen? Well, essential oils are that way too. We can't just expect one oil to work for everyone. It's still trial and error, a learning process, but at least with this route, it's all natural, with no harmful side effects.

Happy Oiling!!!
 

Oily Testimony:  Darn Crick


 
From time to time I wake up with a crick in my neck. I don't know about you but on it's own it can take a full week if not longer to get back to feeling normal again. Not when I have my trusty oils. With any combo of these oils (I use em all) I can start to get movement back in my neck by the end of the day. Day 3 my neck feels almost back to normal. Layering peppermint on last to the mix helps magnify the other oils or drive them deeper into the tissue


If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask....if you like getting Oily Tips or reading other testimonies follow us over at The Oily Cupboard on facebook.  Another Mommy friend and I are sharing are adventures with Oiling our Families...with  10 kids between us things are bound to happen

* Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to prescribe, treat, prevent, or diagnose any disease or condition

 

Comments

Laura~ Thank you for sharing all of this! I am new and awaiting my starter kit(i know I already told you that) and FlowerMama is schooling me as well! I am so anxious to get them and try stuff out. I am curious...do you use coconut oil to mix? Wondering what I need to get.
LeAnna said…
Fun note about geranium: it's wonderful for repelling ticks! I made up a rinse for our dog a few years ago, who was pregnant at the time and I didn't want to put nasty chemicals on her. I scrubbed her down good, and then rinsed her in my eo rinse and the ticks couldn't get away fast enough. Didn't kill them, but it certainly repelled them, they were literally just falling off of her. Good to know for this summer, we'll be putting geranium on our socks and around our waist bands and neck collars before going out to hike! Bonus, it smells soooo good!

Popular Posts