Motherhood Side Effects

Being a mommy comes with side effects

One of those side effects is auto pilot

For instance the other night Cole woke and I don't remember.  Nor do I remember changing his diaper.  But I must have....because at around 5am I found him in bed with me and later that morning I saw the dirty pee pee diaper on the changing table.

I know I have reached Bliss when I can Mother in auto pilot.  But it makes me wonder what else I can do while asleep...I should really put a camera up!

Hysterical Laughter....that's another side effect

The things your children will do will be the funniest things in the world...but only to you.  You share these stories (like I'm about to do with you) with others, but they won't be as funny to them as they are to you.

Here's one...
Finally the temps are dropping at night in the 20's....we whipped out the footie zipper pj's for the kids and Reid was once again in awe (like last year) 
He pulled the zipper down a bit and was filling his clothes up with about 40 matchbox cars inside.  He then tried to walk around like that....I died laughing b/c the poor child could barely walk and refused to let us take them out
Before bed we had to get him undressed b/c he had left a few inside...(ouch)
The next  morning he started to do the same thing...
Reid:  "Mom guess what's in night nights?"
Me:  "Lots of cars again"
Reid:  "Nope ...my penis"

haha  why yes it is!
_____________________________________
I overheard Lily playing with Cole

Lily:  (putting girl clothes on Cole) "Sit still Lucy, I need to get your dress on"
Me:  "Lily what are you doing?  He looks like he doesn't want you touching him or putting a dress on him"
Lily:  "I decided I have enough brothers and I've renamed Cole Lucy....He's a girl forever now"
______________________________________
Lily and Reid got dressed in coats and boots to go outside.  I noticed them heading down the hallway and heard the door chime (GREATEST INVENTION EVER)
Me:  "Lily No Ma'am....You are not allowed to open the door w/o permission.."
Lily:  "Reid and I are going outside...I'm the mommy and I'm taking him for a walk"
Me:  "Sorry hun...not happening...You can't go outside w/o a REAL adult present"

Later I saw Lily dressed the dog in my coat.  Then I saw her sneaking to the door and trying to open it again.
Me:  "Lily why do you have my coat on the dog and why again are you opening the door w/o permission"
Lily:  "SHHH Moses is pretending to be an adult and he's gonna be with me outside.  He's my adult
(nice try)

_______________________________________

Spending time with your kids....I take any chance I can get.

I sometimes purposely wake Mini Me up late (or cheer when I notice she's not up) for school.  She has to catch the bus and leave the house by 7:05.  The school is only 8 mins away and on days she is late I will drive her.  I TRULY love these moments.  A mom and daughter can talk about a lot of things in the short ride to school.  She asked me the other day to be honest if it bugged me to load all the kids in the car and drive her.  I told her not even for a second.  I totally love giggling with her and chatting about all the latest boy band gossip!

_______________________________________

Buffet Chef

I'm constantly doubling recipes because my kids can eat...but sometimes I need to triple if not quadruple them.  Dinner is ready by no later than 5:30 at our house...(usually 5pm sharp)  Inevitably kids who are not birthed from me will show up at 5pm for dinner.  So far this week my 'other' son has showed up 3 times  for dinner.  That boy can pack 6 sloppy joes inside AND head home for dinner at his house.  I'm sure his mother is pleased b/c I am positive her food bill has dropped some days.
Last night dinner was baked potato soup....we had 2 extra kids pop in.  They lucked out b/c I made 2 cookie cakes for child #2's birthday


I had a few ppl ask about how I make them....
It's so easy I'm embarrassed to share. 

I buy those packages of Betty Crocker Cookie Mix in the bag (where you add 1 stick of butter and 1 egg)

I then mix with mixer and shape in ball....

I draw a really big circle on parchment paper (I trace one of those 12" cardboard circles from baking section)  then I smush the dough on the paper about 1" from edge in a perfect circle (remember the dough spreads) and pop on my round baking stone and bake 375 for about 20 mins (or less depending on how soft you like your cookie)
Let cool on rack and then decorate
I again cheat and found that store bought Chocolate and Vanilla Icing tastes the best.  I will get out my decorating tips and pastry bags and decorate away.  I have those edible markers and will draw a shape on the cookies sometimes too (as I did with the smaller circle with the 15...I traced a lid of a tupperware to have a perfect circle)  
Then decorate away
Your kids will think you are the bomb! 
Side effect:  Being Cool


Comments

LeAnna said…
OMG, Reid. Haha. Boys. And that Lily is a hoot. And we really need to get together sometime. I want to make Canton a reality this spring?!

Popular Posts