SLEEP DEPRIVED, BUT STILL ALIVE

Whew...Little girl is 1 month already...I can't say it has been all fun and games since the minute we came home with her...but pretty close.

She likes to see if I have a sense of humor...it really depends on the time of day...and she usually picks the middle of the night for her test. Lily is in the process of trying to get the hang of things at night....ohhhh you know the typical...."Do you want me to be awake or asleep? Make up your mind mom" Well I want you asleep at night and awake to play during the day. I don't think she understands me yet. There are probably 5 days out of 7 that she stays up until 1-3am and won't go to sleep. Oh she will alright on the boob or in my arms, but the minute I lay her down she is wide awake....I will literally do this for hours at the night trying to get her to sleep. What is soooo disturbing about that is that during the day I can put her in the carrier...take the kids to school...come home...take the sleeping baby out of the carrier and put her in the crib....OUT LIKE A LIGHT AND NOT ONE PEEP....but nooooooooooooo she doesn't do that at night.

All in all she is a terrific baby. She goes w/the flow really well considering the fact that she is baby #4

Lily's Schedule as of 1 month

She wakes up around 7-8am every morning for a boob....then takes big brother to school and then finishes her nap until 9 or so. Then she gets a boob again. (see the pattern) then watches mommy take a 5 second shower in the bouncy seat. Then cries while mommy does the speed dance...that consists of brushing her teeth...drying her hair (when she washes it) putting powder on her face (although I think mommy is pretty w/o any) bounces my chair to hush me...then dresses...then makes her bed. Then diaper change and downstairs for another boob....
then hangs out for a few hours....then another boob and down for a nap....this is short...b/c she usually chooses to go down for a great nap b4 the kids come home...which bites b/c I have to put her in the car to pick the big kids up.....she is woken for a boob by 3:15...in the car by 3:30 and back home to bed (usually stays asleep) until close to 5pm....watches me make dinner...gets a boob...takes a cat nap...then bath at 7......more boob.....slight sleep and then by 9 more boob and thus starts the night time bed routine...
she either fights me until 10 or 11...or on a really good night it's after midnight-1am
she will then wake around 1 or 2 for a boob.....then again at 4...or if I'm lucky stays down until 7ish! whewwwwwwwwwww
I've learned to change diapers in the dark and catch poo w/1 hand too!

I have also remember that God did give mommy's 4 hands....what do you think our feet and toes are for??

Sadly little girl got baby acne at 3 weeks and it is holding steady...it looks soooo pitiful on her cute face!

Here are some pictures from 2 weeks to 4 weeks (in order)


and now my favorite pic...the baby acne...falling over...grinning photo

Comments

Jen said…
Precious! Who would even notice baby acne on a such a cutie?!! I think I see a little of Greyson in a couple?? Hope to see you soon.
Michelle said…
Well, apparently the boob is filling her out quite nicely! She is adorably sweet ~ makes me so excited!
Becky said…
What a cutie patootie!
Morningtower said…
awwww. . . looking at my GIANT children, I would give almost anything for those sweet, sweet days and nights of breastfeeding! Those sweet little sounds they make for such a brief time in their lives! *sigh* Stay up with her until 1 or 3 a.m. Love every second. . . you know only too well that you will blink twice and she will be asking for car keys!! BTW: I think she looks like Branden. . WOW! Except in the baby acne falling over grinning one. She looks just like Gretchen in that one, LOL!!!

Love ya'll!!!

Popular Posts