Sinful and Sweet...Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake


 People ask the "Well how was your day?"  question.  
But do they truly want to know?

I mean how do you really think I'm doing?  I have 6 kids....3 of which are still at home conquering and destroying the moment I turn my back

1.5 kids still in diapers (the half is b/c he refuses to #2 in potty)  so I'm constantly dealing in poo

And if not from kids the dog is battling the kids in competition for messes

I eat standing up

Shower in less than 5 mins

Rarely sleep

SO HOW DO YOU THINK MY DAYS ARE?

I will be more than willing to bore you with all the lame details...

So How's my day so Far?

Well instead of cleaning, or showering, or laundry, or dishes or or or

I decided I needed to procrastinate and make this bad boy



Brown Sugar Pecan Coffee Cake

So simple to make....if you bake often you will have everything on hand. 

I was short 1/4 cup of sour cream, but still turned out moist and delicious

The bottom layer was soft and buttery good...the middle layer soft cake like and the top layer held the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar crunch with pecans.  I drizzled some warm syrup over the top and plopped myself down in the corner and savored each bite!

Southern Living never fails me.....


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 cup sour cream (I only used 3/4 cup)
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

  • 1. Stir together flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut 3/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
  • 2. Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture and pecans.
  • 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.


Comments

Michaela Anne said…
So making this! Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts