There's a Giant Fly on My Plate Mom!

First let me say no bugs were harmed when making this dish! Ha ha kidding!
Yesterday being April Fool's I decided to put some plastic bugs on the kids dinner plates! I loved the look of confusion and then giggles on their faces!

Now on to the most incredible chicken dish in the world!

This is from yet another Southern Living Cookbook...1996. I can't believe how many recipes came from this year that will knock your socks off. You must find a copy and buy!

I had not made this dish in about 5 years and couldn't for the life of me remember why I put it on the back burner. I'm soooo glad I had a revelation BECAUSE LAST NIGHT'S DINNER ROCKED. Hubs even went in for 2nds and he's on a diet w/me too! :o)

Lemony Pecan Chicken

1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cloves garlic
1 tbs dried basil
3 tbs lemon juice
1/3 peanut oil
salt
6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves

Garnishes lemon wedges and parsley

~Combine first 3 ingredients; reserve 2/3 cup of parsley mixture

~Combine remaining parsley mixture, garlic, basil, and lemon juice in blender; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

~Turn blender on high and gradually add oil in a slow steady stream. Process until blended.


~Arrange chicken in 13x9 baking dish; sprinkle w/salt. Pour mixture from blender over chicken; sprinkle w/reserved 2/3 cup parsley mixture.


~Bake at 350' for 30 mins or until chicken is done.



I always double or triple my recipes for my family so adjust accordingly.

(The pictures you see of mine are doubled!)

I would love to hear your reviews on this chicken dish! I can't wait to make it again next week. Even my picky 3rd grade daughter ate it! :o)

Tonight on the Menu..
Trisha Yearwood's
Uncle Wilson's Stuffed Bell Peppers


Comments

Liz Mays said…
The recipe looks just delicious! Minus the fly, of course!
A style blog said…
lol. I love that. What a fun momma you are. Chicken looks delicious too!
Natalie said…
What a fun little mom you are! I will definitely have to try that chicken recipe for sure...looks delish!!
Yuuuummm!! I am coming for dinner soon! Ha!
Ashley Bray said…
That chicken looks delicious. And love the bugs, my boys would have freaked then laughed.
Genesis said…
loved the april fools joke! kids are too cute.

ill have to find some peanut oil just to make this recipe. looks really good. i love how you put a disclaimer about the recipe adjustments. lol. i always triple or quadruple my recipe for my boys!
Shannon said…
What a good Mommy to have a little fun with your kiddos. Chicken looks delish...can't wait to give it a try! Happy Easter!
Christa said…
That bug looks so real! Sounds yummy..may have to try!
I'm always looking for new menus! Hubs only eats chicken-so this will be great! Thanks for sharing!
Molly said…
Can you come cook for my family please, or at least teach me a little? That chicken looks AMAZING!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Danielle said…
What a great April Fools joke. I am always trying to rack my brain for something clever. I may have to steal this one next year! LOL
yummy, this recipe looks great, I can't wait to try it! Y'all have a blessed weekend!
That dish looks yummy...minus the fly of course! ;) I can't wait till my babes are a little older and we can do some April Fool's jokes!
Erin W said…
Hahaha... That is classic. I can't wait to put fake bugs on food. :)

That chicken sounds AMAZING! I'll have to try that :) Thanks for sharing.
Angie said…
That recipe sounds GREAT... and Stuffed peppers...even better :)

I love the April Fools buggies!!

Popular Posts