My Men are Easy to Please...



Yesterday I mentioned a Crunchy Slaw and a crock pot chocolate candy....well add to that
3 Ingredient Sausage Squares for your Recipes!!


The crunchy slaw and crock pot recipes are both from Trisha Yearwood's new cookbook.

My husband loves the slaw so much he asked for it 2 times this week and again for it to be on the menu for next week...
SALAD
1 head green cabbage, finely chopped (I used the prepackaged bag of slaw)

8 green onions, finely chopped

½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup sesame seeds

¼ cup (½ stick) butter
2 3-oz packages ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded

DRESSING
2 Tbsp sugar

½ cup vegetable oil

3 Tbsp red wine vinegar

1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1.
Mix the cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown the almonds and sesame seeds in the butter.

2.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Just before serving, add the sesame seeds, almonds, and crushed raw ramen noodles to the cabbage and green onions.

Pour the dressing, a little at a time, over the salad mix, then toss. Serves 10 to 12.


All I can say is I am so glad I made this...add some grilled Chicken on top for a complete meal...or have it accompany w/some BBQ! This is my new favorite!!!


Crock Pot Chocolate Candy

2 lbs (36 oz) salted dry-roasted peanuts

4 oz (4 squares) German's sweet chocolate

1 12-oz package semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)

2½ lbs white almond bark


1. Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow-cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips, and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.

2. After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners, using about 2 tablespoons per liner.
Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners. Makes 30 to 40 pieces.

SIDE NOTE.....I thought 2lbs of peanuts was a bit much and only added 1lb and should have decreased the white bark....
I used an ice scoop to put the chocolate in the muffins tins w/paper liners! I personally only liked the melted chocolate....wasn't a fan of the candy once it hardened. BUT MY KIDS AND THE NEIGHBORS AND MY HUSBAND WENT TO TOWN ON THEM! so maybe I was having an off day!!
It was quick and easy to make...and really fun too!


For breakfast this morning it was back to Gooseberry Patch Quick and Easy Family Favorite Book

3 Ingredient Sausage Squares (although I made it 4...I added cheese)

2 80z crescent rolls tubes
2 8oz cream cheese (softened)
2 lbs ground sausage

optional cheese

Brown the sausage (for adults try 1 hot and 1 regular) drain,
Mix sausage w/the cream cheese (and 1 cup shredded cheese...if you want)
pepper

The recipe calls for a 13x9, but if using this size you might one more can of crescent rolls ..2 didn't stretch very well up the sides.

In a greased 13x9 pan stretch one tube of crescent rolls on bottom and a little up the sides of the dish. Press seams together.
Spread meat mixture on top
Finally add last crescent rolls on top

Bake 350 for 15-20 mins

Serve w/a side of fruit. My husbands and boys ate this up this morning!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Girl...posting recipes like these isn't doing much for my resolve to get fit!

I've made that slaw before (a recipe passed to me from my mom, but we just call it Chinese cole slaw) and I think I'm going to have to try the chocolate candies soon! Maybe for Monkey's teachers for their end of year gift so I'll be giving most of them away instead of eating each and every one! :)
i love the slaw recipe, because it never
fails to please.

can't wait to try your candy recipe
and the sausage crescent roll casserole
looks divine.

thank you!
Annie said…
That slaw recipe is awlays a big hit here too!! thanks for sharing...that sausage breakfast one looks good and easy!!
Anonymous said…
Your husbands? LOL
Genesis said…
ive had that slaw before and it truly is good.
Katie Bailey said…
Oh my gosh! that candy looks DIVINE. I will have to wait until after the two weddings I'm in this summer to try it ;) It looks like one of those things I will put in the category of: when I finally get pregnant, I will allow myself to eat.... (insert: donuts, candy, etc)! :) thanks for the recipes!
Stef said…
Can you come to my house for a day. Girlfriend, you are making me hungry!! Looks yummy!!
jen said…
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wish I had half your cooking energy. Maybe this summer . . .
Erin said…
I saw a couple of those featured in Redbook from Trisha Yearwood! I'll be making her key lime cake this week! Yum!
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness, I need to come eat at your house
Just Brandi said…
alright... the last thing looks delicious.
if i gain any weight from eating your recipes i'm going to personally come track you down and make u run sprints with me until we both puke.

just kidding.
but for reals... i made the spaghetti bake friday night... AMAZING.
Everyone LOVED it.
(i used fat free evaporated milk, reduced fat cheese, unsalted butter and extra lean ground beef and it turned out GREAT!)

Thanks!
Wow - this does sound wonderful!! I will have to try the breakfast casserole... sounds easy and yummy!
Angie said…
Thanks for posting all the yummies!

The sausage squares will be a hit here in this house!

Crunchy slaw looks so much better than the regular cole slaw I made Sunday...gonna try yours for sure.

Popular Posts