Not for the weak stomach



MOMMY MY TUMMY HURTS
Those 4 words can be misleading at times. I mean I've got 3 kids and I've heard those words more times than I can count, but truly when have they ever puked from saying that? Well this past Monday night was Spaghetti Night. (Do you see where I'm going here?)
Everything was going great...Got dinner ready on time...fed the family...even made dessert...cleaned the kitchen....got kids bathed and in bed...Mini Me told me her tummy didn't feel good, but I chalked it up to eating too much...I mean she was playing and running around just fine all day...tucked kids in bed.....settled down on the couch for some T.V. watching with the hubby when I hear a 2 voices.
Middle child yelling "MOM MOM MOM MOM"
Mini Me yelling "I THREW UP MY TUMMY HURTS"
The minute I got to the kids hallway I can smell it....ugh and if you have never smelled spaghetti vomit then you haven't lived as being a parent. Mini Me is standing there in her new thermal pink camo night nights covered in spaghetti...her pretty brown hair laced with it too. Her pretty little face pale green. I enter her room not expecting what I saw.
Every quilt...every sheet...every blanket...every pillow and sham...her special blanket...and esp Baby K. Good news? My new carpets still clean! Whew!
Where does one begin to clean....I'll stop here with the details...
Mini me was sick all night and stayed home with me the past 2 days...we had mommy daughter time chilling w/o the boys!
But my real question is...How do kids always get the tummy bug when it's spaghetti night? Does their bodies save up those sick days for that meal? I don't think I can look at another noodle again!

Comments

Michelle said…
When I was about 6 or 7, I ate a plate of spagetti too quickly and threw it up right back into the plate. I didn't like spagetti (especially the sauce)until I was an adult. HA. Sorry you had to go through that. Thankfully last time my kid threw up it was on our new tile and our contractor came to my rescue with these cool blue shop towels.

Popular Posts